What's your favorite high protein recipe?

Options
ygglove
ygglove Posts: 102 Member
What's your favorite high protein/protein 'rich' recipe? I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and I'm looking to incorporate more protein.. Usually for breakfast I'll have: 2 eggs a half a piece of toast with peanut butter, and the other half with preserves, and a piece of fruit.. For lunch I'll have tuna, 2 eggs, wheat thins, and fruit.. and for dinner I'll have chicken/fish with veggies.. It's pretty repetitive, and bland... thanks (:

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    New York Strip Steak grilled, the end
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I made homemade turkey chili for the family tonight. One serving is approx 230 calories with 6g fat, 25g carbs, and 18g of protein. I brown one 20ounce package of Jennie-O ground turkey meat (taco flavor), and then add one 15oz can of black beans (with bean juice), one 15oz can of pinto beans (no bean juice), one 15oz can of tomatoes (with juice...any tomatoe flavor you choose....ie fire roasted, garlic and oil, etc), and one cup container of Minute Ready to Serve Long Grain White Rice (cook this in the microwave for one minute first before adding to the mixture). Stir it all together and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes....you can add fresh garlic or any other herbs/spices to you liking. Makes 8 servings. It is very yummy!
  • ygglove
    Options
    New York Strip Steak grilled, the end

I'm more of a Ribeye girl haha- and Ribeyes are for cheat days.
  • ygglove
    Options
    I made homemade turkey chili for the family tonight. One serving is approx 230 calories with 6g fat, 25g carbs, and 18g of protein. I brown one 20ounce package of Jennie-O ground turkey meat (taco flavor), and then add one 15oz can of black beans (with bean juice), one 15oz can of pinto beans (no bean juice), one 15oz can of tomatoes (with juice...any tomatoe flavor you choose....ie fire roasted, garlic and oil, etc), and one cup container of Minute Ready to Serve Long Grain White Rice (cook this in the microwave for one minute first before adding to the mixture). Stir it all together and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes....you can add fresh garlic or any other herbs/spices to you liking. Makes 8 servings. It is very yummy!

Thank you! I love Chilli!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    chicken
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, plain nonfat sweetened with stevia. Brand is important...must be Trader Joes (best price), or Chobani (most delicious).
    Cross rib, roasted.
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Check out Pork if you like it. Pork loin, pork chops, etc. Look for the leaner cuts . . Not Bacon. It is something different than chicken if you want to change it up. We grill it, cook it in a crock pot or you can roast in the oven.
  • ygglove
    Options
    Greek yogurt, plain nonfat sweetened with stevia. Brand is important...must be Trader Joes (best price), or Chobani (most delicious).
    Cross rib, roasted.

We don't have a Trader Joes here ;[ I miss the NW. We don't have Chobani either.. We have Daisy?
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN
    4 boneless chicken breasts
    8 pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with the seasonings of your choice (I use Spicy Seasoning Salt); grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, sauté the mushrooms and garlic in butter, seasoning with salt to taste. Cook until the juices have evaporated. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 of the mushrooms and bacon, then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Makes 4 servings
    I think this could be frozen

Per Serving: 356 Calories; 20g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancakes

Ingredients
    1½ cups oats
    1 banana – mashed
    ½ cup almond milk(fat free milk)
    1- apple shredded( or 1/2c blueberries, strawberries)
    2 eggs – whisked
    1-scoop of protein powder 30g (vanilla is great!)
    2 tablespoons flax seed meal
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    ½ teaspoon nutmeg
    ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    agave nectar sub for syrup-optional
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    hump day bump yay