Do you love peanut butter but to high in calories!

Options
I am friends with this woman who has a great stomach on myfitnesspal. So I wanted to see what her diet was like. I checkd out her food log and saw this peanut butter thing that was 45 calories!! I love peanut butter so I asked her what it was and this is what she said:

"Hey :) PB2 is a powdered peanut butter! You. Will. LOVE. IT!!!
I found it at my local grocery store in the Organic section. Basically it's powdered peanuts, not additives or anything. You mix 2 tbsp. with one tbsp. of water and mix, it's the consistency of regular peanut butter. It tastes the same as regular peanut butter (it's not quite a sweet, sometimes I add a little splenda) AND the best part: Regular peanut butter is 190-220 calories for 2 tbsp, PB2 is only 45 calories for 2 tbsp!
It's pretty amazing. :) "

I was so excited and thought that more people should be informed if they love Peanut butter as much as I do esp as a dip for apples! SO enjoy everyone.

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love you! I love PB...actually only started liking it since dieting, which is odd in itself, but I've been diving those Jiff 'to go' into two portions to eat with apples and they kill my breakfast calories. I'm going to give it a try, thanks for putting it out there!
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting...do you know the fat totals?
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good to know - thanks. My peanut butter has 160 calories for 2tbs - ugh....

I will have to see if my store carries it. Great tip - thanks.
  • teardrop4one
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, I LOVE peanut butter but have only had it once in the last 6 months due to not feeling the high calories worth it. I searched and searched to no end to find a lower cal peanut butter and even the smart balance ones are the same. I will definately check this out and give it a try.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    OMG - I have a peanut butter addiction! I can't go a day without it, and I usually end up sitting down with a spoon and the jar!! It's definitely my weakness, so I'm really excited about the powdered version. Can't wait to check my local grocery store to see if they have it! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
  • twingirls05
    Options
    I use this to make smoothies all of the time. I am out right now, but stores near me don't have it, so I need to order more online.

I make the following smoothie:

1/2 cup skim milk
    2 Tbs PB2 (or Chocolate PB2)
    1 packet Slenda (or any sweetener)
    1/2 sliced, frozen banana
    2 Tbs Sugar-Free Hershey Syrup
    5-7 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

This makes a HUGE glass (at least 16 oz) and is right under 200 calories. I love using after my runs! So refreshing!

However, I'm NOT a fan of it just spread on a slice of bread. I think it has a crazy, funky after taste. Maybe I'll try some adding some sweetener to it before spreading it on bread...but I'm not a fan of it "plain" like that.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks I eat PB&J very often but only tbsp because of the cals....Will look into thanks!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hey, THANKS! I ***LOVE*** peanut butter, I eat it every day. It does add up the cals though. Can't wait to try this!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love you! I love PB...actually only started liking it since dieting, which is odd in itself, but I've been diving those Jiff 'to go' into two portions to eat with apples and they kill my breakfast calories. I'm going to give it a try, thanks for putting it out there!

I've only started liking peanut butter since eating healthier too!

but recently, I found almond butter. and OMFG best nut butter ever (even though I've only tried peanut and almond :P) I make room, calorie wise, in my day for at least a tablespoon of it with a green apple. so yummy.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting...do you know the fat totals?
    Here you go, from the PB2's website, http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 70 mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 2%
  • emersoam
    Options
    How is the nutritional value? Protein? Healthy fats? It's about much more than just calories (especially if you want to eat food for fuel)!
  • mushie
    mushie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THANKS! I just went to their web page and ordered four. I can hardly wait to try it. http://store.bellplantation.com/PB2_Powdered_Peanut_Butter_s/3.htm
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of an average peanut butter has about 8g of protein. So you are losing about 1/2 your protein with PB2. I've never tried it but I prefer my natural unsalted peanut butter with its 190 calories and 16g of fat :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

recently, I found almond butter. and OMFG best nut butter ever (even though I've only tried peanut and almond :P) I make room, calorie wise, in my day for at least a tablespoon of it with a green apple. so yummy.

I also just discovered sunbutter, it's made from sunflower seeds. Incredible. Assuming you like sunflower seeds :bigsmile:

I also ordered a 4 pack from the site as well - 2 peanut butter, 2 chocolate. I cant wait to get it - sounds ideal for smoothies!!! :drinker:
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    I love PB2 in my shakes!!
  • Raina0512
    Options
    2 tbsp of an average peanut butter has about 8g of protein. So you are losing about 1/2 your protein with PB2. I've never tried it but I prefer my natural unsalted peanut butter with its 190 calories and 16g of fat :)

Two tbsp of the PB2 and two tbsp of regular peanut butter are different... You probably actually get 3-4 tablespoons of PB2 after mixing it... Don't knock it till you try it! Definately way better than fatty peanut butter :happy:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

Two tbsp of the PB2 and two tbsp of regular peanut butter are different... You probably actually get 3-4 tablespoons of PB2 after mixing it... Don't knock it till you try it! Definately way better than fatty peanut butter :happy:

You're not getting extra PROTEIN by mixing 2 tbsp of PB2 with water and having it yield 3 tbsp of "peanut butter". That's my point. Less is more when it comes to peanut butter, in my opinion. I rarely ever use more than 1 tbsp at a time.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am friends with this woman who has a great stomach on myfitnesspal. So I wanted to see what her diet was like. I checkd out her food log and saw this peanut butter thing that was 45 calories!! I love peanut butter so I asked her what it was and this is what she said:

"Hey :) PB2 is a powdered peanut butter! You. Will. LOVE. IT!!!
    I found it at my local grocery store in the Organic section. Basically it's powdered peanuts, not additives or anything. You mix 2 tbsp. with one tbsp. of water and mix, it's the consistency of regular peanut butter. It tastes the same as regular peanut butter (it's not quite a sweet, sometimes I add a little splenda) AND the best part: Regular peanut butter is 190-220 calories for 2 tbsp, PB2 is only 45 calories for 2 tbsp!
    It's pretty amazing. :) "

I was so excited and thought that more people should be informed if they love Peanut butter as much as I do esp as a dip for apples! SO enjoy everyone.

OMG AMAZING I AM SOOO GETTING SOME!