I did it!!! I drove passed KFC and cooked my own dinner!!!

Options
This may not seem like a big deal for some, but for me this is the biggest thing I've done yet! I found out that somewhere in me there is some self control when it comes to food!

I am on day 3 of this journey and one of the biggest things I'm having a hard time with is my addiction to fast foods. I have not eaten it in 3 days!

yesterday was a long, hard day. After work I had to run some errands. The kids were hungry and grouchy. My mood was bad b/c I had not eaten in a bit. I made the decision to just go to kfc and get me some chicken, mashed potatoes, a biscuit and some cookies. I had given up and told myself I'd start again tomorrow. Something in me just clicked. I drove home instead, gave the kids some fruit snacks and whipped up some delicious porik chops with veggies and a baked potato instead.

I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF ME I AM SHOUTING IT LOUD AND PROUD!!

I have taken a HUGE step and I hope and pray that I can continue making better decisions for my life and my health!

Replies

• MissEStrange22
    Options
    Well done. The longer you resist the easier it will get! :) x
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am so proud of you. I know how hard that must have been and how great it felt when you made a healthier choice for yourself and your family. Keep up the GREAT work :)
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done! By the way, you are BEAUTIFUL in your profile picture. Think how great you will look when you are fit and lean. Your kids will be so proud and thankful to have a healthy mommy. :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I know how difficult it can be! I had a stressful day yesterday, and had to drive outside of town for an errand, and almost stopped for ice cream at Moomers, but decided to hold off and have a much safer treat at home. I was so close to stopping, though. o:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You have proven that YOU are in the driver's seat and in control over your own mind, body, and life!
  • Melvinik
    Melvinik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job....its dfficult to stop a habit especially when it's so easy and convenient...
  • Determination29
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!! you don't know how much your kind words really do mean! I have about 90 lbs to lose in order to be considered "overweight" and I have to get my cholesterol on track so...... making those baked pork chops was something I am completely proud of right now! Thanks again
  • Determination29
    Options
    That is awesome. I am so proud of you. I know how hard that must have been and how great it felt when you made a healthier choice for yourself and your family. Keep up the GREAT work :)

Already within 3 days of not eating fast foods I have a bit more energy!!! Thank you b/c it does feel so good!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work, you can do it.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good for you for making the decision!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE deal!! You should be sooo proud!! And it sounds like you are! That is really hard for me, too!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nice willpower!! Well done :smile:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Good job! You control your life, not food. You show it who's boss! :)
  • jamiemommy
    jamiemommy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you are amazing! well done!! it is no easy task and you are doing a brilliant job for yourself and your beautiful babies! keep it up:)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is an amazing step! I love KFC from the USA :-) We don't get mashed potato or biscuits here :-(
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome victory and congrats on realizing how much of a big deal it is...that mindset will help you so much!! I have learned this from past experience...before I would never realize how much each and every victory was something to be proud of; now I do and it has totally changed my level of confidence & determination. So proud of you and happy for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Great willpower!

I had the misfortune of working downwind from a KFC a number of years ago and was bombarded all day by the vile odours emanating from it. Suffice it say I haven't eaten there for years.......:laugh:
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful achievement and well done to you. It is such an empowering feeling when you cook your own meals. Now you go on and get creative in that there kitchen!!!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations! I have absolutely been in a similar place--I used to eat fast food all the time. Things actually got much easier for me after I started cooking at home most of the time. Once I'd spent a few weeks eating home-cooked food and then grabbed fast food for the first time in a while, I didn't like it nearly as much. Too salty/greasy/oddly flavorless compared to what I made at home. Now it's much easier to avoid because I just don't like it nearly as much.

In fact, I just grabbed some fast food the other day because I was tired and didn't want to cook, and even though I was able to stay within my calories goals, after eating it I was unhappy and grumpy. I realized that even just reheating a can of soup on the stove would have been more satisfying and probably even faster, so next time I'll make that choice instead. I hope you get to the same place soon! Congrats again and good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!