Flabby thighs

Options
Hi guys. I need advice on ways to get rid of the flab on my thighs because they massive and rub when i walk. I want to lose the fat in my thighs before i tone them so they arent to big. Also i want to slim down my calves and my butt and tone up.

Thanks

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose body fat all over. Lift to maintain lean body mass.

Can't spot reduce
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I need advice on ways to get rid of the flab on my thighs because they massive and rub when i walk. I want to lose the fat in my thighs before i tone them so they arent to big. Also i want to slim down my calves and my butt and tone up.

Thanks

There is no such thing as ''toning''
    You either have muscle or you don't.

You need to lift them weights (Oh and not the 10lbs pink dumbells) ;)
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You can't lose weight in one spot...it comes off all over your body. However, toning will help your legs firm up and look smaller. I do a lot of walking and biking. I've noticed my legs, while still thick, look really nice now and I still have about 60lbs to lose. Nothing wrong with toning while you still have weight to lose, it will make your overall appearance look better. Good luck!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Squat
    Squat
    and
    more Squats
  • bethcw1
    bethcw1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have found walking lunges and squats to work well for firmer legs
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lunges with weights!
  • fritaly2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys.

Do you think jillian micheals killer buns and thighs will help.
    Has anyonehad any experiance with it.
  • Deed214
    Deed214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    *THIS*

Oops! See corrected response below! :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I need advice on ways to get rid of the flab on my thighs because they massive and rub when i walk. I want to lose the fat in my thighs before i tone them so they aren't to big. Also i want to slim down my calves and my butt and tone up.

Like Im sure people have said, you cant spot train. BUT - as someone with huge squishy thighs, I can tell you that a stationary bike and lots of lunges and squats are good for building some muscle which gives you less squishy, more firmness. And the ridiculousness of your "I want to lose the fat before I tone so they arent big" thing is crazy. You are a woman, unless your powerlifting and drinking massive amounts of protein shakes, you will never have BIG thighs.
  • afreelandgti
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose body fat all over. Lift to maintain lean body mass.

Can't spot reduce

^
    This. True and simple.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Walking at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week worked for me.
  • Deed214
    Deed214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Squat
    Squat
    and
    more Squats

^THIS^
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know you can't spot reduce, but while I was doing the C25K, I noticed a difference with my thighs and lower belly. They were the most noticeable, although I probably thinned out all over. Good luck!
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Can't spot reduce

I agree with this. You will need to lose weight/fat in general to see any reduction of size anywhere on your body - just keep at it, weight training will help tighten things up and help with the fat loss - so don't delay starting a workout plan
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. Running has really helped my thighs go down a lot and it has also helped my legs shape up as well. If you can run on a slight incline or slope that works even better.

Now I have started doing lunges, squats and dead lifts. I already can feel the different in my thighs / butt.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Before I started strength training, I lost 3.5" from each thigh and 6" from my hips by walking daily (started w/ 1 mile, worked up to 3+miles, 2x a day) and a calorie deficit of 25%. In about 3 months time.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

Can't spot reduce

This is all you need to know, ignore the rest.

You are the only person in the world who ever thinks about how much fat is on your thighs. Be fit, be healthy, don't waste your time or risk injury overtraining one part of your body, it won't change anything.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above advice. want to add: Inner thigh fat can also be genetic and might never completely go away. Avoiding getting burned by the chub rub can be as easy as applying anti-perspirant and then powder, or wearing pettipants or bandelettes or something.