Non-supported activity tracker

Options
I just received the new Misfit Shine. It is an activity tracker that is not supported by MFP, yet, hopefully. In the meantime, the Shine tells me my total calories burned, I can subtract my normal daily activity calories as calculated by MFP to give me the total extra calories I have burned throughout the day. My question is, how do add these calories to my exercise log? There doesn't seem to be a quick add feature for exercise. Does anyone have a work around?

Replies

• okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you can enter you own activity - Do a search then it allows you to enter your own: make up some name for it, like Misfit shine, time and calories burned as figured by your device.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I did. Thanks.
  • LSwan2
    LSwan2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just received the new Misfit Shine. It is an activity tracker that is not supported by MFP, yet, hopefully. In the meantime, the Shine tells me my total calories burned, I can subtract my normal daily activity calories as calculated by MFP to give me the total extra calories I have burned throughout the day. My question is, how do add these calories to my exercise log? There doesn't seem to be a quick add feature for exercise. Does anyone have a work around?

Hey girl, If you go into your exercises, you can put your own choice exercises and then post them on MFP everyday. Good going!!
  • karibari
    karibari Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you like the Shine still? I have been considering it but keep hearing such negative reviews about it. BUT it is the only waterproof one I've seen and I'm a swimmer so....kind of important.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How do you like the Shine still? I have been considering it but keep hearing such negative reviews about it. BUT it is the only waterproof one I've seen and I'm a swimmer so....kind of important.
    I like it. Its really simple to use, and being watertight, I forget I have it on and just go about my day. I haven't had any issues with it. The data you get is pretty generic, so I can understand how some might not like it. It suits me just fine.