I did it!!! I drove passed KFC and cooked my own dinner!!!

Options

Replies

• nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    This is no way a small thing! This is HUGE!! Way to go. I know that with having kids and being crunched for time it is so easy to say screw it and go through a drive through. For you not to is amazing!! Way to go!!!
  • Determination29
    Options
    Well done! By the way, you are BEAUTIFUL in your profile picture. Think how great you will look when you are fit and lean. Your kids will be so proud and thankful to have a healthy mommy. :)

you have made my day. Thank you
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Keep up the great work!! Youll get there!! =)
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done! I know how hard it is to resist the urge and convenience of fast food but you proved to yourself that you can do it. Keep up the good work :)
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yeah for you - great job!!! congrats and enjoy the high!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well done you.

I know its tough but I have found that denying myself my favourite food doesn't work so through trial and error I have made recipes that are healthy but very tasty by doing this with lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise and even chicken curry I don't crave the bad stuff because I don't feel as though I am missing out.

I don't weigh myself I am just going by my measurements and hopefully when I take them tonight there will be less of me.

Its not a DIET you are on its a healthier way of living for life, allow yourself a treat now and again but if you can find a healthier alternative that tastes just as good you won't even think about things like KFC because after a couple of months on healthy food you really do notice a difference when you have stodge!

Good luck to you, on your journey :smile:
  • Beachlopez
    Beachlopez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's so easy to just coast through the drive thru when you're hungry and tired....and especially difficult when you've just started the big change in food....keep up the great work!!!
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    3 fried chicken strips (entree only) from Chick-fil-a are only 360 calories and their buffalo sauce is only 10 calories. They'll also give you a HUGE water in the giant styrofoam cup for free. It's my go-to fast food meal if I'm in a hurry or if I'm craving it.
  • Determination29
    Options
    It happened to me last night. I was on my way home. Wasn't sure what I wanted. I passed Popeye's, KFC, Wendy's, MC Donalds, Burger King, at least 3 or 4 seafood restaurants and a sign flashing *HOT DOUGHNUTS*. Well then there was Copelands, Outback, Applebee's, Chili's, and Subway.. I kept right on driving. All the way home. When I made it to the driveway I felt so accomplished. Honey it is big big NSV. One day at a time, one meal at a time. The best advice I can give you is plan ahead.

good for you!!!!!!! Its good to know there are others out there who feel the same!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    It is alright to splurge once in a while just yesterday I went to Barbecue restaurant called Bandanas. And I over ate on my calories for the day. I knew it was going happen. But, when I started this journey back in April I knew that these days would happen and I have decided to not feel guilty over it.
  • Determination29
    Options
    Awesome! It's so easy to just coast through the drive thru when you're hungry and tired....and especially difficult when you've just started the big change in food....keep up the great work!!!

thank you sooooo much!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful accomplishment. You are on a journey to a healthier you. Do not tell yourself you can NEVER have it again, you just have to plan for it with your calories.

I am happy for your will power and from all the posts, you have a group of people rooting for your continued success.

Keep up the great job.
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I have struggled with the same as you. It's so much easier to just do the drive through with the kids on a stressful day, I have been there and still struggle with that some days. But so much more rewarding to feed yourself and your kids REAL food. WTG!!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wow thats great willpower! well done you :)
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is really hard driving past those places in the beginning! I found that after about 2 weeks it wasn't so hard and after a month it was then extremely easy to bypass.

Congrats on a great start.
  • sugarsugar16
    sugarsugar16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    It gets a lot easier as you see the results from the self control!
    Keep it up! You'll be rewarded! And you'll soon KNOW that your body doesn't need those fast foods and you'll enjoy the homemade meals a lot more! :)
    :) Feel free to add me if you like! And again - awesome non-scale-victory! :)
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. I know how hard it is, after picking my son up from football practice he's starving, I'm starving and tired the last thing I want to do is go home and cook. I do it though, (or I use the crock pot). I have to drive by Bakers, Panda Express, 2 McDonald's and a Del Taco with a whining teenager. So, keep up the great work, I trust these people who say it will get easier. :)
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Only three days in, and already you've been able to beat the Stress Demon that whispers to you about fast food and unhealthy choices. What an accomplishment for you, and what a priceless gift for your children. You rock!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When I read the title of this thread it put a huge smile on my face! I am so happy for you! I know how difficult that must have been and how proud you must feel! Keep it up!!!!!

P.S. I LOVE your username OP!!!!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Walk past it & resist it. Driving is the easy part, I can be on a bus & go past Maccas, burger king, KFC, subway...ect no problem. Walk past one where you can smell it.... plus get the exercise :) and then resist it. THEN you know you have willpower.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!