heart rate monitors

Options
Hello Everyone. I am looking at buying a HRM. I am leaning towards the Polar FT40 or FT60. Let me know what you use and what you like about it. Thanks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have and love my FT7
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Bump. Curious myself.
  • Mepheston
    Mepheston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the FT4 and it works beautifully!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I bought this one for $15:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JIHB4Y/ref=oss_product

It is in the hundreds now but it works great. It is the same watch (but differant name) as this one for 35$:
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HR-100C-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B000A5CEUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1284650593&sr=1-1

I didn't choose polar due to price. I preivously had bought a 35$ one off buy.com that worked phenomenally as well (until I lose it anyway forcing me to buy a new one). It was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Bowflex-SE-119-Precision-Trainer/dp/B0039SDKM0/ref=sr_1_285?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1284650794&sr=1-285

Anyway, everyone on here prefers Polar but they are pricey and you can't change the batteries yourself. I have had great success with the two I posted for half the price. :)
  • atombud
    atombud Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use the FT40 and also have the flow link, works great and just place it on the flow link and it will download your workouts to the polar website so you can easliy keep track.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar & LOVE IT! Mine's the F7 I think.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60. LOVE LOVE IT. If you're a runner or thinking of being a runner, get the FT60 instead of the FT40. The FT60 is compatible with the Foot Pod (which I use) and the G1/G3 GPS. Amazing stuff!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I use the Polar F11,,,I bought it used off Ebay...LOVE IT! I took it to a jeweler and he replaced my battery for free. I lbought the battery at radio shack for 5.00, so those who complain about changing the battery...it's not a big deal.
  • Darka
    Darka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought my first HRM 3 months ago. It's a Polar FT7 and I love it! It's easy enough for me to use and hasn't caused me any problems.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I just got mine delivered yesterday it's the Polar F6 ... SO EASY to set up. I had originally gotten another one and after 2 hours of trying to understand the settings gave up and returned it. I got the F6 yesterday afternoon and within 15 minutes had it set. I tweaked it a tad last night after my work out but it's wonderful. The first one I got was originally $ 149.00 and was on sale at big 5 for $ 40.00 ... I can see why. I couldn't even find a review for that model online. The F6 was $ 102 delivered overnight (with Amazon prime). HTH
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi Mable, I have the FT60 and have had it since mid-July. Although I have no other experience with HRM's, I like it because it is not overly complicated like some models, but it has all the high-tech stuff built-in to keep us on track like the fitness tests and the own zone readings. I also feel confident with the calorie readings---which was the main reason I wanted to start using one. i would highly recommend it. Good luck!