Before & After

Options
My Fitness Pal has truly changed my life. If has helped me loose around 50 lbs! Growing up, I always struggled with my weight. I was also diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15 which made weight loss that much harder. The amount of bullying and self esteem issues I endured were immeasurable. The bullying caused much mental scaring which I hope to one day overcome. It is a struggle, but I know I will conquer it. Before my PCOS diagnosis, I had seen every doctor imaginable and have tried every diet out there. Nothing was successful which was extremely discouraging. It wasn't until 3 years ago, at the age of 20, that reality of my situation struck me. At a doctors visit I was told I was pre diabetic and had to loose weight. I was extremely upset and knew that I needed to finally figure something out. Not only was my weight hurting my emotionally, but now was jeopardizing my health. Playing around on my phone I discovered myfitnesspal and decided to give it a try. It was the best decision of my life. In one year I managed to drop 50 pounds. This taught me that all weight loss comes down to is eating right and consuming the proper portions. No fad diet out there allows the weight to stay off. It has to be a lifestyle change in order to have success. My weightloss has completely changed my life for the better. It has helped my self esteem and I am no longer pre diabetic. I am not finished with my journey, but I hope to achieve my goal weight by the end of the year.

ac6c123c-79e6-4ae7-ba58-551c2d90f848_zps9c94cf79.jpg

Replies

• gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Your before and after is amazing! You're a beautiful woman.

I have PCOS too, and no diet ever worked, even if I stuck with it and did everything I was supposed to do. Until I saw a bariatrician who put me on a plan that before I would have thought was a little crazy. But now I've lost almost 30 pounds. And I really hope to follow in your footsteps to reach 50 pounds lost!

Congrats on taking this on while you're still young, and I wish you continued success in your weight loss journey!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!!
  • kristinj15
    kristinj15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Timesinfinityplus2- thank you!

Gr8xpectation- thank you so so much! 30 pounds is absolutely amazing (especially for us pcos ladies lol) but I have no doubt you will reach your goal : ) good luck on the completion of your journey!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - congratulations!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You are very pretty!! You look great!! Awesome job!
  • clbowman91
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Bullying can be hard. I don't know much about PCOS, but I've heard a lot about it on here and how it makes it harder. But, you are overcoming it and making a new life for yourself. Congrats! (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!