Confused....

Options
So, lately I have been doing really well losing weight, the only thing I was doing was walking and watching my food intake. On Monday of this week I decided it was time to rev it up a little bit. I decided to take the 30 day shred challenge. I have finished L1D4 so far. What I have noticed is that, I have stopped losing weight, I am not losing inches either. I know its only been 4 days doing the shred, but I figured that Jillians program would have been enough to jump start things again.

Is it possible that I may be building muscle and not noticing the fat loss on the scale? How long should I wait for to expect a nice drop in pounds again? Its frustrating, it isn't like I am even close to my goal yet...I still have 52lbs to go... I figured it shouldn't start getting harder to lose the pounds until I was closer to my goal....

Ugh...I just don't know...

Edit - I have also been continuing my walking...

Replies

• ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it and don't quit. Also make sure your calories are in check.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Are you still doing cardio in addition to the 30DS? I found that the Shred was great for losing inches, but didn't do much for weight loss. After only 4 days, it's way too early to judge the effectiveness of the program. I started seeing results about halfway through level 2, Day 15+.

With 50 pounds left to go, daily cardio is what you need to be focusing on.

And congrats on your progress so far!
  • determined4ever
    Options
    I started my program August 1.....I revved up and started exercising 2.5 to 3 hrs a day...various things (Jillian 30DS included in that mix)....the first 3 weeks, I was losing about a pound/week.....I think my body started hoarding the calories ( I try to keep my calories between 1200/1300) and didn't want to let go. Keep exercising and doing what you're doing. I read on several sites it takes 90 days to "reset" your metabolism....the normal way...with good eating and exercise. Also, check your food items. I was consuming FF coffee creamer and not measuring....needless to say, I gave it up and I'm drinking my coffee black with stevia now (not my favorite...) but the pounds have started to shed.....it was worth giving up.
  • saram21
    Options
    It is possible that you may have hit a plateau, although it is unlikely. Most of the time when add something to your routine it will give your body a little boost in the right direction. I think what may be happening here is that you are adding muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so it may just not be showing on the scale. Also, muscle burns fat, so the addition of exercise to your plan will help you to reach your goal a little faster than by diet alone. Dont get to stressed out, its only been a few days! Good luck and drink plenty of water!