What do you eat for lunch?

Options
I bring my lunch to work and it has gotten to be very boring with ham or turkey sandwiches and maybe the odd baked potato. I want to try keep my lunch calories below about 350. In work we have a fridge, kettle, microwave and sandwich toaster....Any ideas?

Replies

• aunienue
    Options
    I make Weight Watchers chili and freeze it in 1 cup portions. Message me if you want the recipe.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Salads are always good...if you watch the dressing you can add a heck of a lot before you hit 350. That said, I have the same boring spinach and turkey salad day-in and day-out :(
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I usually go for soup as we have a microwave but if i plan ahead i make extra the night before and have leftovers.

It also stops me from eating the leftovers the night before :laugh:
  • traybo
    Options
    Salads for me as I'm trying to go easy on carbs. Mixed leaf, spinach, toms, cucumber, peppers, carrots and then some protein - egg, crabsticks, turkey, chicken or salmon I cooked the night before maybe with some herbs/spices or chill. Followed by a weight watchers yogurt and some fruit for snacking (keeps me going as when I bring my own lunch I'm often tempted to start eating it by 11:30!). Doesn't take long to throw together, keeps me full and feeling virtuous!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice meals. i only choose the ones that have 550 sodium or less. Every so often I break down & have a sandwich.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I have been doing salads with tuna on them. But I also bring in leftovers (from my usually pretty healthy dinners).
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wraps are always great. Some FlatOut flatbread (they have low carb ones if that's what you're looking for). They're a little bland tasting but compliment the fillings amazingly. You could do: chicken breast (110 or so for 4 oz if you get boneless skinless and it's a lean meat), avocado (about 50 calories for 1/4 avocado) or hummus as a spread (instead of mayo), fill with raw bean sprouts, tomatoes, green pepper, maybe a slice of swiss cheese, turkey bacon, etc.

Salads are also awesome. Do romaine lettuce, chicken, a hard boiled eggs, a fruit (my favorites have been cut up apricot, blueberries or strawberries), feta or goat cheese, nuts (pistachios, sunflower seeds, pecans or walnuts), and then combine 1 tablespoon of mustard with 1 tablespoon of honey, stir in some water to thin it out and you have a delicious, VERY filling lunch for about 400 calories depending on how much you put in of everything. Not to mention SOOO so good for you.
  • adplus7
    Options
    I had a 100 calorie granola bar.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, and even my lunches get boring. Sometimes I just have leftovers, or sometimes I come up with some sandwich wrap combos with sprouts, spinach, cucumbers, red peppers, and any other vegetable you could imagine a sandwich to have. Cottage cheese, fresh fruit on the side it makes a pretty darn good lunch. Pick the right wrap though. I have looked at several and even though I need the carbs for workout time, make sure they are the right kind of carbs.
  • RunLaineyRun
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, will definitely have to spice up my lunch! boring ham sandwiches will be banished! Think I will try wraps and some more varied salads. soup goes down well on those rainy days!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I usually am boring and eat a sandwich...because it's fast and easy. But I have a delicious salad for lunch today!

Trader Joe's - Frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins, 2.0 pieces
    Avocados - Raw, 0.25 cup, cubes
    Fresh Produce - Bell Peppers (Green), 0.25 Cup Raw
    Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 1.5 cup shredded
    Generic - Eggs - Hard Boiled - Medium, 1 egg
    Cracker Barrel - Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese 2% Milk, 0.75 oz
    Generic Tomato - Tomato Raw, Red, 1 tomato
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1 cup slice
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Fat Free Poppyseed Dressing, 1 Tbsp (30mL)

357 calories/20g carb/16g fat/34g protein/7 g fiber
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I usually have spinach wraps or bagel thin sandwhiches with some fruit and veggies. If we have enough left overs from dinner I reheat andhave that instead of the sandwhiches.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    lean cuisine...?
  • juicydee
    juicydee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is very filling. I put some salsa on it and i don't get hungry again for hours.

Amy's - Black Bean Enchilada Whole Meal

1. Servings:

Calories 330 Sodium 740 mg
    Total Fat 8 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 53 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 9 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 4 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 9 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 20% Calcium 6%
    Vitamin C 30% Iron 15%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily
  • rayallen3
    rayallen3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I replace my lunch with a shake! Try shakeology chocolate shakes. go to www.theperfectshakes.com and read and view the shakeology info. I started these shakes into my diet a week ago and lost 2.5lbs in a week. The idea behind them is that the shake has the alot of veggies, fiber, protein, probiotics and natural ingredients that will satisfy the body nutritionally to stop the food cravings. The probiotics will help your digestion and regularity. Basically the shakes give your body what it needs and wants so it needs for nothing else. you can also do a 3 day cleanse on these shake too. 3 shakes a day with fruit as a snack and a nice salad for dinner. I didn't do that but I plan on it real soon. a friend of mine loss 5lbs in a week and the weight didn't come back (this included excercise too!) Hope this helps! It has helped me and many others. Get the chocolate, it taste way too good to be this great for you. Don't let the price throw you for too big of a loop. It works out to $4 a shake. That's really not that bad for a meal replacement. 140 calories 14g of protein.

www.theperfectshakes.com