50 pounds lost

Options
When I started MFP just over 7 months ago, I did not realize I would lose as much as I have. I was okay with just losing 20 pounds, since I was weary about "dieting" since they have never worked for me. I also didnt realize how much I had gained over the years. I was always a chubby kid, the fat friend, etc. Now, I feel great, the compliments are amazing, people freak out when they see me and dont even recognize me. I dropped my BMI from 29.8 to 22.2 (fell well within the healthy range) and went from a size 13/14 pants to a 4/5; large shirt to small/extra small depending and a 38D to 34DD bra. I shrank so much, am still surprise myself when looking in the mirror. My journey is not yet complete, now I am working on toning my arms and abs. I take circuit training classes for that and spin classes to keep up with my cardio.

I have had a great support system, my husband, also using MFP (jseals121403) has lost just as much as I have and went through a major transformation as well. We started about the same time (a week apart). This made it very helpful seeing as we were able to workout together, eat the same meals and if one of us was tempted the other was the rock. :)

Left picture is me ice skating last Sept, middle is June 2012 about 45 pounds lost and no toning started, Right is me about 2 weeks back after toning began.

[img]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/sammie121403/Weight loss/Sammie50lbs_zps720c90cd.jpg[/img]

Replies

• ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    HOT!
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Amazing results, you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Congrats!!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    super awesome job! way to go!!
  • BBme425
    BBme425 Posts: 19
    Options
    You look Great. Awesome job. Good for you.... You are an inspiration for us starting our journeys to a healthier life.
    Thanks for sharing :happy: ...
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great job and you are so fortunate to have your husband doing the same thing. I've been on my journey since Jan 2012, lost 54 lbs in nine months than had some issues where I wasn't able to work out & gained back some (but MFP has been a staple for me since the day i joined, I missed a day logging and it reset my days :() Anyway, it would be so great if my husband would even look at the food I cook. It's been a major downfall cooking two different dinners, packing two different lunches, etc. and even though Im staying under my cals, I'm eating alot of what he's eating way too often. Your post & pictures were definitely encouraging for me! Continued success to you!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Dang girl!!!! You look Great!!! :)
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great thanks for sharing!
  • sammie121403
    sammie121403 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great job and you are so fortunate to have your husband doing the same thing. I've been on my journey since Jan 2012, lost 54 lbs in nine months than had some issues where I wasn't able to work out & gained back some (but MFP has been a staple for me since the day i joined, I missed a day logging and it reset my days :() Anyway, it would be so great if my husband would even look at the food I cook. It's been a major downfall cooking two different dinners, packing two different lunches, etc. and even though Im staying under my cals, I'm eating alot of what he's eating way too often. Your post & pictures were definitely encouraging for me! Continued success to you!

Thank you.....54 pounds is an amazing loss! My husband started 10 after me. But, since it was the new year, i had set some goals for me, that he just decided to follow. One big one was no fast food for 2 months....so i think that really helped us when we were getting started, since fast food is so easy to get. I love to cook, so i told my husband that when I started this journey, if he wanted to eat, he was eating what i cooked....he never had a problem, so in a way, he was eating healthy even before he started! lol.
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    pretty:flowerforyou:
  • thegongshow
    thegongshow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration for me! I want to lose 50lbs and I'm at the same starting size as you were! Amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!