Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

water retention and muscle repair?

I have been reading a bit about this concept, and I wanted to get your feedback.

First of all, I do not exercise. However, I found myself dancing at a wedding reception on Saturday and on Monday by shins were in serious pain. It has affected my walking the pain is so bad. I am on day three of the pain. I think it might be getting better--still very painful. Question, the scale jumped today for no apparent reason. no salt increase. I even ate lower than usual. Could a pound increase be about muscle repair?

Replies

• rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    actually, I don't think they are shin splits, but very sore calf muscles.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    No, I don't believe so(not a Dr. though). I would lean more towards a day of heavy sodium intake, i have found that sodium is the most under reported on most food lists. It could have snuck in there. When I start back to the gym after time off (injury and the like) the weight gain from the water is more immediate. Generally no later than the next morning.

I don't wish to presume, but there is another thread active right now "For Women" I believe, the lady asked if her TOM could be the culpret. The overwelming answer seams to be "Yes". Could that be your cause?

I can think of nothing else short of a major binge that would cause it.
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Did you drink at the wedding reception?

If you did, it is likely water weight from a combination of alcohol consumption and being sore. And being a woman, water weight can be very very annoying. I have that problem all the time :(