Family NSV! Its a start!

Options
beckers_99
beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
So, I've been at my current weight for about a month or so, I'd lose a pound or two, gain it back, lose it, etc. I realized that it is due to family dynamics, lack of others being motivated. Well, I asked my mom last night if she would like to take a walk with me. My brother-in-law overheard, said he would like to too, and then along came my sister and most of their kids. I realized that if I try and push them to lose weight with me, they'll resist (most of my family are overweight), but if I just ask for a simple walk, we can get somewhere with weigh-loss with my family. Well an even bigger NSV, we got home from the walk and my mom wanted to do the Ripped in 30 video with me, and my sister's kids joined it. They all want to keep going with it each day, so we shall see what happens :). Looking forward to updating everyone!

Replies

• katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Wow! Now that is a wonderful NSV!! :heart:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Good on you!

Next to getting and staying fit and healthy. It is always great to influence the people you love to do the same.
  • Pollyanna75
    Options
    That is great!!!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good luck to all of you. :)
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Family in on it is great! I was doing situps this morning, and my 4 year old son was being my cheerleader. So cute! He'd hear me say what number I was on, then would say "Yay! 37!".
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! I know exactly how you feel! My sis and Nephews are joining me for more and more walks lately!!! :) So happy!!!
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I hope and pray that I can keep it going, would love to hit goals with my family :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!