Infertility and Weight Loss

Options
I'm new to the forums side of this site, so I apologize if this is a repost.

Is there anyone out there who is going through infertility and also trying to lose some weight? If so, I'd love to be "friends" and talk about and support both issues. We've been TTC for 2 1/2 years, and I've gained a bunch of weight throughout our journey. I'm now working on taking it back off. We've done IUI's, IVF, and have had 2 cancelled FET cycles. We're cycling for a FET again in August.

Please comment here or send a friend request if you'd like to chat!

Replies

• jschwind22
    jschwind22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually created a group to connect with members who are fellow IFers, so if you'd like to join please send me a message.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. We have been married almost 12 years and have no children. I found out 2 years ago that I have endometriosis. Since then I've undergone two surgeries to remove cysts and cauterize the endometriosis tissues. Our next step is IUI. We were going to do IUI last month for the first time but my husband broke his leg and that put a damper on the process :). Anyway, feel free to friend me if you want to commiserate on this.
  • ah_mander
    ah_mander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to be trying our first IUI in three months. We have male factory infertility due to Klinefelters syndrome. Feel free to add me for support with weight and infertility if you like :)
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had an ectopic and lost a tube, I go tomorrow to see if my other tube is blocked and will be going back to the doctor in a month to discuss all the test results and perhaps start IVF. She didn't tell me I had to lose weight, but as I'm about 75 lbs overweight, she said it would be beneficial if I do. I've been on both the infertility and weight loss roller coaster on and off for years now. UGH lol Always looking to make new friends and grow the support system, so please feel free to add me.