Baby belly 6 years later??

Options
Ok i have had three kids...my youngest is six...But i still have the "baby belly" Which I am sure is from something I am doing or not doing...Any advice and tips on how to work on this? I know you cant spot reduce But overall what can I do?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You just have to lose fat. The belly is often the last place women lose fat, I know that's been true for me. My lower belly is holding on to that crap for dear life! ;) So, do strength training (it helps you retain muscle while losing fat, so you have a better "look" as the weight comes off), pick some cardio you enjoy and eat at a moderate deficit and have patience!
  • Juanwi
    Juanwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have three kids as well. I think I am screwed on the belly though. I'm pretty sure my stomach muscles split from the last two pregnancies. I had very large babies. I also have a ton of stretch marks and loose skin. I'm just going to do my best to get in the best shape possible and then re-evaluate my abdomen.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit until you have lost enough overall fat that you lose the belly as well. And lift weights to preserve muscle in the process.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit until you have lost enough overall fat that you lose the belly as well. And lift weights to preserve muscle in the process.

x2 this and birth control helps a lot. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ok i have had three kids...my youngest is six...But i still have the "baby belly" Which I am sure is from something I am doing or not doing...Any advice and tips on how to work on this? I know you cant spot reduce But overall what can I do?

doing: overeating.

not doing: exercising to offset overeaten cals or cal counting to limit them
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have three kids also. The best exercises are squats, knee ups and lunges, they seem to target the pouch. I have lost alot of inches and fat off my stomach and belly area. My stomach looks like its forming a corsette and my baby pouch is shrinking.

Good luck
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have three kids as well. I think I am screwed on the belly though. I'm pretty sure my stomach muscles split from the last two pregnancies. I had very large babies. I also have a ton of stretch marks and loose skin. I'm just going to do my best to get in the best shape possible and then re-evaluate my abdomen.

Have you actually tested yourself for Diastasis Recti? There are certain abdominal exercises that can be done to improve the condition. Some regular ab exercises like crunches can actually make the separation worse and increase the size of your belly.

Video showing how to test for a Recti seperation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_919150&feature=iv&src_vid=Ys7mb_PPuqA&v=Tn6g8VFD8Kw

Abdominal exercises for the condition:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7mb_PPuqA
  • Juanwi
    Options
    Thank you for this! I didn't know there were exercises specifically for the condition!
  • Juanwi
    Options

Have you actually tested yourself for Diastasis Recti? There are certain abdominal exercises that can be done to improve the condition. Some regular ab exercises like crunches can actually make the separation worse and increase the size of your belly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_919150&feature=iv&src_vid=Ys7mb_PPuqA&v=Tn6g8VFD8Kw

Wow! So according to this vid, I do not have one! I went to a plastic surgery seminar once when I was looking into getting a tummy tuck, and I was told that I had one. This would have made the surgery cost more, so now I really wonder. My muscles feel solid, no hold to poke fingers through. I'm going to have my regular doc check when I see him.

Thanks!!
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have three kids also. The best exercises are squats, knee ups and lunges, they seem to target the pouch. I have lost alot of inches and fat off my stomach and belly area. My stomach looks like its forming a corsette and my baby pouch is shrinking.

Good luck
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Wow! So according to this vid, I do not have one! I went to a plastic surgery seminar once when I was looking into getting a tummy tuck, and I was told that I had one. This would have made the surgery cost more, so now I really wonder. My muscles feel solid, no hold to poke fingers through. I'm going to have my regular doc check when I see him.

Thanks!!

I have a diastasis 4 fingers wide and it makes a pretty big bump above my navel. For years I wondered why my belly wouldn't shrink. Why it looked so strange when I sat up and why it hurt if bumped.

Besides being expensive I've read that the surgery is very painful. I'm doing the exercises and hoping to avoid going that route.

I'm glad you don't have it!
  • AngelHeartDemonSoul
    Options
    I have the ab split happened dueing my second pregnancy. .. when lay back I can feel my guts and I have a terrible fatty lump above my belly button. .. if I keep my fingers in my belly when I lay down I feel my abs tighten around my fingers in tge end there is a gap of two fingers wide once finished tenseing.