When did you start to see a change?

Options
So I'm 3 weeks in and I've already lost 10lbs and I feel GREAT so much more energy its amazing! My husband says the e can already see me changing but I don't quite see it yet. How long did it take for you to see a change and where was it noticeable first? Feel free to friend me too! I don't have very many friends yet I'm a great encourager! Positivity all the way! Lol thanks guys!

Replies

• alhb1017
    alhb1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Actually I started noticing a differece in the way my pants fit around 13 pounds, my husband also says he can see a difference but I don't notice it quite as much as he does. I think everyone is different. You are doing great!
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I think it was after two months or so. EVERYONE had been noticing but me apparently. Then one day I was just like "Woah."
  • melm413
    melm413 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs in my first 2 weeks of Insanity. I haven't lost any since, but the inches are definitely melting away. Thank god for progress pictures!
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    10 years ago, I lost 50 lbs and I didnt see it until I was 50 lbs down. Everyone else saw it at 10 lbs but I couldnt.
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It truly took me a good 3 months almost of consistent loss to really see it for myself. At that point I had lost close to 15 pounds. One day I looked at some selfies I had taken and was like, whoa, my face is smaller...that's where I saw it most...my face, neck and collarbone area. Most people started seeing it around 10 pounds for me too...And then came the clothes. After a good 20 lbs, they just started looking ugly. LOL!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started to see a change probably after a month or two at least. But I'm going slow and steady though I am working hard. Other people started noticing after 3 months definitely and so could I because I went dress shopping and was down at least a dress size! Now after almost 6 months I can really see a difference and so can others even though I'm only 26 pounds down I've lost 3-4 dress sizes and down at least a couple sizes in pants and shirts AND underwear haha! I started feeling great though after the first month. It is an exciting exhilarating excursion! ( This is actually a journey but I have this obsession with alliteration, excuse the geekiness ; ) )
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 pounds before I started to notice.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So I'm 3 weeks in and I've already lost 10lbs and I feel GREAT so much more energy its amazing! My husband says the e can already see me changing but I don't quite see it yet. How long did it take for you to see a change and where was it noticeable first? Feel free to friend me too! I don't have very many friends yet I'm a great encourager! Positivity all the way! Lol thanks guys!

you go girl thats alot in 3 weeks I would love to loose that much im down only 6 in 4 weeks and I do feel a tiny difference but I dont see it some people tell me they can see it in my stomach for me I dont see it
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I didnt see it....until my pushy husband made me take progress pics and do side by sides
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Did you take "before" pictures? I know it can seem embarrassing but they really do help give you a visual of how far you've come. My sister lost 16 pounds, which doesn't seem like a crazy amount, but the pictures were worth a thousand words. And 10 lbs in 3 weeks is really great progress! Way to go!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I read something lately that said it takes 4 weeks for you to see a difference, 8 weeks for your spouse and close friends/family, and 12 weeks for acquaintances/co-workers.
  • ttat0325
    ttat0325 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think that, when you lose weight, your mind is in denial that you haven't lost that much weight. When you buy new clothes, and realize you've gone down a size or size(s), you start to notice it a lot more in the mirror, simply because it's an indication or, a slap in the face that you've definitely lost weight and gone down in size.

Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your 10 pounds. =)
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your weight loss!! I honestly believe it's a little different for everyone, but especially based on your size. The more you have to lose, the more weight loss it takes to become noticeable, TO YOU, and to drop a size. You also start carrying yourself a little differently with the increasing confidence, and that helps others notice quicker!

When I started my journey and was squeezing in a size 14, it took me about 15 lbs to go down a size. As I got lower, it took less lbs to drop a size and it is becoming easier to notice small changes. Keep at it girl!!
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lost a pant size after just losing 10 pounds or so. I started at 240, so 10 pounds was not much change in the weight, however I did a lot of excercise and that made me smaller. I am completely a different person now with just 22 pounds lost. Take progress pictures, pictures won't lie :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a change in myself until I hit 30lbs. Other people see it more frequently than I do but for me, I see the change in larger numbers. I saw it in my face first. My face I did see with lower numbers.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My ticker doesn't show it, but I lost 50 pounds a few years ago, then gained 30 back so I am back here again...

That said. It was at about 20 pounds when I noticed the little bulges near my hips go down. But every 10 pounds, I went down a pants size and had to go to Goodwill to get new pants.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds and I don't seem to notice it visually. I've decided it is my eyes, others are commenting. I'm down quite a number of sizes (in fact I'm out of plus size clothes and in regular off the rack sizes). Yet I don't see a smaller woman looking back at me. So I've accepted, for now, my vision of myself will be wrong. I will have to accept that the sizes are smaller and that means I'm looking better. My husband is pleased, people are commenting on it, and I'm actually tired of explaining how I'm loosing weight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and take pictures now.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and take pictures now.
    ^^This.
    Measurements are good too, but the pictures are more helpful.