Good sneakers

Options
Hey, just started running and love it. Have an old pair of nikes but they are very heavy and clunky. What is a good pair of light weight sneakers for WIDE feet? Preferably something not outrageously priced.

Replies

• NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I have used Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13, they are awesome and make running so much more comfortable.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    i would go and talk to the associates at finish line, foot locker, etc. most of them (not all) are pretty knowledgeable and can fit you with a good pair of running shoes so you dont hurt yourself in the process. running shoes are not created equal. learned that the hard and expensive way.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Also, stride and feet are not created equal. You need to match the shoe to your gait (pronate vs overpronate vs neutral) and find an arch that suits your own foot.

Proper shoes are an investment. Once you get know more about your needs, you can get last year's styles at discounts (I love Kohl's for sneakers...30% coupons off something on sale to start with is a great deal).
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    If you have a running shop in your area, go there and get fitted properly. Running shoes differ for everyone. I am a die hard Asics girl, but you relly need to be fitted by someone who knows how to watch your gait and stride and that can recommend the correct shoe for how you walk and run.
  • KtAnne388
    Options
    thank you guys!
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I love my Altras. And I have wide feet as well.

Fair warning though - they are a zero drop minimalist shoe.
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just bought Altra's and have very wide forefoot also...they fit well, but I have to get used to the zero drop! I have also had New Balance 840s in wide (not a light shoe, but worked well for my width)...and Nike Pegasus fits fairly wide too.