Women's Sizing

Options
So I didn't know how to categorize this and it's related to my weight loss and changing sizes.. Therefore I thought I'd put it here.

So when I go to Victoria's Secret and Gap, I'm a 32D. But the problem is VS bras give me no support. Neither do their push-up bras. As for Gap, when I wear the Favorite T-Shirt bra, I don't have much support, but when I wear their favorite uplift bras, I actually look like I'm well supported. Does this mean I'm wearing the wrong bra? I've gotten fitted at each and every place I've bought bras at (Dillard's-32C, VS and GAP-32D) and it's inconsistent and I'm apparently not getting enough support from a regular bra (non push-up). I'm sure there's something wrong, because my bust measurement is 32 and my ribcage measurement is 27, so I'm not sure what to do. Can one of you ladies please kindly help me with this situation? Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Juanwi
    Juanwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There is a subreddit that is very helpful. Check out the quick start guide at the top.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When you got fitted at Victoria's Secret did you do the fitting where they take you into the dressing room to measure you and then give you a box of bras to sample? I'm a 32D there too and I've found that some of the bras there fit me way differently than others even though they are the same size. If you can go back in there ask for the sample box and then try them all one. Once you figure out what style works best you can get that and even look for similar bras elsewhere that might be cheaper (even though I have the hardest time finding 32D's at other stores). My favorite bra is the Very Sexy Pushup from Victorias Secret, so I just have a few different colors of that one and don't wear any other kinds. If you like the lifting one from GAP there's nothing wrong with getting it in different colors so you can feel comfortable every day haha.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if you like the one that is supportive and fits- buy that one.... lots of that one.

simple.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link SuperAnthro. It was very useful!

Seems like I should be a 26/28 DD/E based on this chart, but I will probably keep growing, so I think it's best I consult a fitting expert at GAP (I love their bras haha).

I actually didn't do that type of fitting kkveggie! She just measured me and told me my size. I don't like their bras too much because they don't seem to support me (regardless of if it's push-up or not so I'll just stick with GAP). But thank you so much for the advice!