So I'm a runner...

Options
My caloric intake is supposed to be around 1500... on days when I run that's fine! I have no problem watching my calories on my run days, especially since I get 400 or 500 extra... its my RECOVERY days when I want to eat everything in sight and more often than not go over my calorie goal...

Help.

Replies

• onetoughmudder
    Options
    hit WEEKLY calorie goals instead of DAILY calorie goals (average it out).
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Run more often. :wink:
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - I can only ever be on or under my calorie goal on days that I run. I can't run every day - usually every second day so on my off days I try to watch my snacking and be sure take the stairs at work (20 flights) rather than the elevator!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Try spreading your calories out so you have extra on recovery days. There's nothing wrong with rolling them over. If that doesn't solve it, go to 1600 calories. Keep adjusting until you find your sweet spot. your deficit might be too big or your BMR might be higher than you think.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

So true. I run so that I can eat.
  • Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    I do the exact same thing. It seems like on my rest days I eat sooo much! I don't know why. Probably because I'm used to eating over my calorie goal since I ran and I have more calories. I'd say just try your best to stick with it! If you have some way to get YouTube on your tv or you can just use your phone or computer you can look up Leslie sanson 1, 2, or 3 mile walk. If I go over my calorie goal one day, I do the one or 2 mile walk depending on how much I went over. The 1 mile is about 20 minutes so its not that long and I estimate that I burn around 100-110 calories with it. The 2 mile walk I think maybe 190 calories or so. The 2 mile is around 30 minutes. They're not very intense, they're designed to be low impact and if you are naughty on a rest day, it's a good fix. :)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

So true. I run so that I can eat.

You mean there's another reason to run?!?!?! :laugh:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    cycle your calories!