Dilemma - when to eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pumpkinguy13
    Pumpkinguy13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just remember that "nutritionists" and "Personal Trainers" jobs rely on people being unfamiliar with how the body functions. The diet industry is a billion dollar industry. It is in their best interest if there is a lot of misinformation out there. The more complex the better.

If it was as simple as just hitting calories, hitting macros, and doing some cardio and heavy strength training..why there would not be much of a need for a complex diet industry would there?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Just remember that "nutritionists" and "Personal Trainers" jobs rely on people being unfamiliar with how the body functions. The diet industry is a billion dollar industry. It is in their best interest if there is a lot of misinformation out there. The more complex the better.

If it was as simple as just hitting calories, hitting macros, and doing some cardio and heavy strength training..why there would not be much of a need for a complex diet industry would there?

Registered Dieticians have their Bachelor's Degree.
    They have a comprehensive understanding of nutrition and metabolism.
    They can tell you how best to eat to meet your goals without compromising essential bodily functions.
    I would encourage you to consult with an RD who has facts rather than uneducated opinions.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Yes there would. Because saying something and doing something are two different things.

I guarantee you that it is as simple as hitting your calories and macros and getting off the couch.

It is simple but it is not easy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Your 2 paragraphs seem to be at odds with each other.
  • flobotz2503
    Options
    The reason you're not hungry in the morning is because you don't eat in the morning. This means that you are spreading calories over too small a portion of the day and your body spends the nighttime breaking down food when it should spend that time repairing you. The best thing to do is to start small and teach yourself to eat breakfast. I used to be just like you and would never eat breakfast. Sometimes I still don't because I don't feel hungry.

However, you need to recognize that "listening to your body" like some other posters have said to do can actually cause you detriment. Your eating "switch" is currently not functioning the way it is supposed to. You need to train it to function at the maximum level for your body and your nutritional needs. You need to eat approximately every 2-4 hours starting with first thing in the morning and going from there.

This is not just about metabolism. It is also about making sure that your body has enough energy and fuel to keep you alive and healthy.

this makes sense to me..I usually hate eating first thing in the morning, but since I've started forcing myself to eat in the am I've noticed that I have more energy throughout the day. I'm also not eating dinner as late as I used to when i would just eat lunch and then dinner.
  • cowgirlupkelly
    Options
    There is new research that shows skipping breakfast actually increases weight loss. If there is a 12 - 16 hour fast between your fast meal of the day and the first meal of the next day (Intermittent fasting), your body will burn stored fat during that time.

Can you post or direct me to these 'new' studies.

One thing I want to say is many people feel they are hungrier throughout the day if they eat breakfast when they've not been eating it before. That happened to me too but then I adjusted. I know I feel physically better and mentally better and over all throughout the day eat less. But do what feels proper for you.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You are correct. Eat when you're hungry - don't eat, if you're not.

Of course, the caveat to that is to make sure you eat enough - but there is no reason to eat at any specific time or any specific number of feedings, provided you get the proper nutrients and are able to maintain physical and mental health.

This is spot on :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    24 hrs in a day.

XXXX calories to consume for the day.

Eat them all at once- spread them out split it half.. doesn't matter.

eat XXXX calories in that 24 hr day.

Call it good.