Need Help with Weight Loss and Eating Right

Options
Hello Everyone:

I moved to a new city and have gained 10 LBS! I am doing my best to eat right and exercise to hopefully lose the weight I gained. My diary is open to the public so any tips would be great.

Age-25
CW- 149
GW-135
Height- 5'5

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Where do you live a concentration camp? You could get away with eating close to 1400 calories plus working out.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Seriously, how do you function, let alone work out? Go calculate your TDEE and go off that. I can only assume you put into MFP that you want to lose 2lbs a week - which if you only have 10 lbs to lose is way too fast. Healthy at that point is about 1/2 a lb a week. There's no need to be incredibly drastic.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've only had a glance at your overall net calories and how many calories you've been eating per day, and from what I can see you're not actually eating enough..
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Were you eating this way all along, when you gained the 10 pounds or is this a new way of eating in an effort to lose the 10 pounds?

I don't see anything wrong with your eating per say, your calorie is above 1200 and you are working out. However, you may want to check your TDEE and check if maybe you need to eat even more. Eating more works for some not all, we are all different. If you have just started eating this way, give it some time to kick in.

Good luck
  • kristinap88
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I moved to a new city and have gained 10 LBS! I am doing my best to eat right and exercise to hopefully lose the weight I gained. My diary is open to the public so any tips would be great.

Age-25
    CW- 149
    GW-135
    Height- 5'5

Based on the above. Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is 1423. Your body needs approximately 1423calories to function efficiently. This includes brain activity and all that awesomeness our body does while we sat on the couch including digestion, pumping blood, and rebuilding torn tissue so do yourself a favor and it at least 1500 cals a day plus working out otherwise prepare yourself for utter malnutrition and ugly skin
  • kristinap88
    Options
    Should I eat my exercise calories?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating more vegetables. I only glanced at a few days but you weren't getting many on those days. Also, eat all the calories MFP suggests, including more when you exercise. A slower loss is more likely to be a permanent loss.
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    What is TDEE?

Total daily energy (calories) expenditure. Its your BRM + calories you burn with your lifestyle, work, etc.
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    More vegetables, stable lean proteins, efficient work outs.
  • kristinap88
    Options
    Thanks everyone!