Need a low carb/low cal pizza recipe please!

Options
Lochlyn_D
Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
Hey I need a pizza recipe that is under 200 calories and under 10g carbs per slice.

Got anything like that? I NEED some pizza but I wont cheat for it.

Replies

• fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm having this tonight!

Portobello Mushroom Mini Pizzas!!!
    Ingredients: portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems and gills removed*
    1/4 cup Pizza sauce (regular tomato sauce works too)**
    30 grams Mozzarella cheese Parmesan cheese (for sprinkling on top)
    Fresh basil/olives and tomatoes are also amazing on the top!

Calorie Breakdown
    45 Calories 2 large portobello mushroom
    40 Calories 1/4 cup Pizza sauce
    90 Calories 30 grams Mozzarella

TOTAL 175 Calories
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    inb4cauliflowercrustpizza
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    isn't low carb pizza just... a salad?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just eat regular pizza. It's not "cheating" if it fits into your calorie goal. Make it fit into your daily goals. Get a workout in so you have room to eat more. If you're gonna enjoy pizza, make it worth it.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    also zucchini crust pizza OR use whole wheat (I like extreme wellness high fiber wraps) wraps, toast in oven until brown, top with toppings, measure your ingredients and control your calories! (google for recipes if you'd like)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    also zucchini crust pizza OR use whole wheat (I like extreme wellness high fiber wraps) wraps, toast in oven until brown, top with toppings, measure your ingredients and control your calories! (google for recipes if you'd like)

That's a good idea.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Use this as your base

Cream cheese - 100%
    Water - 50%
    Methylcellulose - 3%
    Salt - .75%

Boil water, add salt and methylcellulose, add to cream cheese and whisk till smooth. spread on a baking sheet and dehydrate for a few hrs
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    Just eat regular pizza. It's not "cheating" if it fits into your calorie goal. Make it fit into your daily goals. Get a workout in so you have room to eat more. If you're gonna enjoy pizza, make it worth it.

Regular pizza doesn't fit, that's why I'm asking for low carb pizza. And I don't eat back exercise calories so that's out too.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    Use this as your base

Cream cheese - 100%
    Water - 50%
    Methylcellulose - 3%
    Salt - .75%

Boil water, add salt and methylcellulose, add to cream cheese and whisk till smooth. spread on a baking sheet and dehydrate for a few hrs

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for methylcellulose.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Use this as your base

Cream cheese - 100%
    Water - 50%
    Methylcellulose - 3%
    Salt - .75%

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for methylcellulose.

The googles
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'd say start with a cauliflower crust (Figure out how much of what is in that based off what products you put in it, rather than generic numbers/items), and go from there adding in items as you see fit to hit your numbers.
    Lots of cauliflower crust recipes out there, for example this paleo version (Also a link to a non paleo version in the article):
    http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/05/the-best-dairy-free-cauliflower-pizza.html
  • Lochlyn_D
    Options
    I'd say start with a cauliflower crust (Figure out how much of what is in that based off what products you put in it, rather than generic numbers/items), and go from there adding in items as you see fit to hit your numbers.
    Lots of cauliflower crust recipes out there, for example this paleo version (Also a link to a non paleo version in the article):
    http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/05/the-best-dairy-free-cauliflower-pizza.html

Thanks man. I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    spinach-crust pizza-like substance

spinachcrustpizza1_zps6e69ce49.jpg

it's better than you imagine. Just google 'spinach crust pizza' and you'll find lots of recipes. Basically, throw a mess of raw spinach, a 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and 1-3 eggs in the food processor and whir. Stir another 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in it. Put a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza pan and spread the lumpy green goo out in a circle. Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes. Top it with whatever you want and throw it under the broiler for a couple minutes to melt the toppings. That's really all there is to it.

Don't skip the parchment paper. All the recipes say it will stick like concrete otherwise.

Gee, now that you have reminded me of it, I think we'll have a variation for supper. We don't have any mozzi so I think I'll use feta and parm. I don't think the kind of cheese matters much.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

spinachcrustpizza1_zps6e69ce49.jpg

it's better than you imagine. Just google 'spinach crust pizza' and you'll find lots of recipes. Basically, throw a mess of raw spinach, a 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and 1-3 eggs in the food processor and whir. Stir another 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in it. Put a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza pan and spread the lumpy green goo out in a circle. Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes. Top it with whatever you want and throw it under the broiler for a couple minutes to melt the toppings. That's really all there is to it.

Don't skip the parchment paper. All the recipes say it will stick like concrete otherwise.

Gee, now that you have reminded me of it, I think we'll have a variation for supper. We don't have any mozzi so I think I'll use feta and parm. I don't think the kind of cheese matters much.

tumblr_lyloo3MDGO1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

tumblr_lyloo3MDGO1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

did I really just see the words "lumpy green goo" used to describe a pizza crust?
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    try a cauliflower crust :) it is super tasty and you can find recipes for it all over the place!
  • simonsayzz
    simonsayzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Broil a low carb tortilla/wrap on both sides till crispy- add toppings and broil a sec til melted....eat h whole thing...it's my lunch lost everyday!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    try flat bread or a wrap :)
    I ate out and had a flatbread pizza and it was yummy! Plus it doesn't bloat you with all the bread. Here are the ideas from the place i ate at :)
    spIced cHIcKen: Spicy harissa-marinated grilled chicken breast, with sautéed peppers,
    red onion and a cooling crème fraîche &
    spring onion dressing.
    parma Ham and moZZarella Drizzled with a rocket pesto dressing.
    V goat’s cHeese With sautéed Paris brown and oyster
    mushrooms, plus sticky onion marmalade.
    spIcY Beef and Bean Pulled tender beef, spicy ancho chilli beans
    and sour cream, with jalapeño and roquito
    peppers and a sprinkling of crunchy nachos.
    <3
  • Runklir
    Runklir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust has been suggested already, but here's a variation that omits cheese in the crust mixture. I like this variation, since I can use more cheese as topping without exaggerating the calorie count. Here's the link:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

Hope this woks for you, Cheers!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    A little like the pic above, I make an "omelette pizza" (in fact I'm having one for lunch today).

Combine some chopped spinach with a couple of eggs, add a bit of water and mix well, fry in a small pan/skillet sprayed with olive oil, top with ham/caramelised onions/mushrooms/tomatoes/whatever and a bit of grated cheese then pop it under the grill/broiler until golden.

Delicious! :love: