Might change your mind about Fast food.

Options

Replies

• lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    all i say is if you find yourself heading to McDonalds STOP and go to a Five Guys or In and Out instead. it makes no sense to go to McDonalds when those other 2 restaurants exist.

They don't exist in Hawaii. True story.

Sadly, not in Alaska either. :sad:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Oh and I went to Braum's last night (an Oklahoma fast food chain that has a small grocer attatched) for delicious chicken strips and fries... and I was still under my calories.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We should just start a fast food forum this week....

It does seem to go in waves, doesn't it. A couple of weeks ago it was clean eating, this week it's fast food. I don't know what I missed when I was offline last week.

I think sabotage was last week.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    all i say is if you find yourself heading to McDonalds STOP and go to a Five Guys or In and Out instead. it makes no sense to go to McDonalds when those other 2 restaurants exist.

Except those resturants aren't as prevelant as McD's. Chick-fil-a isn't either... and often neither is BK. All of which I prefer over McD's. Except for In and Out, haven't been there yet and there is one right down the road. And I only like McD's nuggets, fries, and egg mcmuffins... every thing else can go away.

i guess if you are out in the boonies then McDonald's will have to do. :)

Pretty much... thankfully though we have all kinds of burger joints around here... I guess that's why we have been the "fattest" city or in the top 5 for a while now... along with the fact that we don't cross country ski (I want to know where to go do that in North Central Texas, but that's beside the point)... all the yummy fast food.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    We should just start a fast food forum this week....

It does seem to go in waves, doesn't it. A couple of weeks ago it was clean eating, this week it's fast food. I don't know what I missed when I was offline last week.

I think sabotage was last week.

You're right! There were some good posts about husbands, boyfriends, moms, cats, etc sabotaging people's diets because they had no self control. Good times.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten a burger from McDonald's, they always looked scary to me, even as a kid. I was used to how my mom's burgers looked, so the very few times I ever went to McDonald's as a kid, I got chicken nuggets. So nope, this changes nothing about how I feel about fast food. I'll just keep eating the fast food I still do (when I do have some). :D
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If any of you are ever in Oregon, STOP whatever you're doing and get to a Burgerville. It's the perfect marriage of fast food and "health food," so I figure you're guaranteed to like it regardless of which side you're arguing in this thread. :flowerforyou:
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If any of you are ever in Oregon, STOP whatever you're doing and get to a Burgerville. It's the perfect marriage of fast food and "health food," so I figure you're guaranteed to like it regardless of which side you're arguing in this thread. :flowerforyou:

Ill actually going through there next month :) Ive never heard of it. Ill have to stop in :) thankyou
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I admit it is gross but i guess im no better than a dog since i doubt i could go the rest of my life without mcdonalds, even knowing how shi**y their food is. Personally i think majority of anything that we consume that was made in a factory is probably full of stuff that would turn our stomachs. Even a lot of the supposedly healthy stuff has a bunch of suspicious chemicals in them. I suppose this is the side effect of mass production and greed. At best perhaps i could watch supersize me, that might turn me off for a few days.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten a burger from McDonald's, they always looked scary to me, even as a kid. I was used to how my mom's burgers looked, so the very few times I ever went to McDonald's as a kid, I got chicken nuggets. So nope, this changes nothing about how I feel about fast food. I'll just keep eating the fast food I still do (when I do have some). :D

Any food that does not decompose after 6 months is pretty darn scary if you ask me.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I don't like mcDonalds - there are better burgers everywhere - but I just read the article twice - and nowhere does it states that McD's are actually still using the stuff...It hashes up an old 2011 thing and then said it is "unsure" if they still use it??? Pathetic reporting much??
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Why do people care so much about others eating fast food?! If someone wants to eat fast food, then go for it! No one if forcing you to eat it, so stop trying to force others to stop eating it!

You missed the entire point. A person can drink furniture polish for all I care, if they're dumb enough to drink it. It's about bringing awareness to those who are making choices about eating fast food without being to privy to what's in those food items.

Except even water can be toxic too if you drink too much of it... A lot of things can be and are toxic when consumed in large amounts. Again, it's all about dosage and application.

I'm not sure if water and a very cheap grade of "beef" combined with a bunch of chemicals and preservatives that can do long term damage to your colon would be an apples to apples comparison.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Any food that does not decompose after 6 months is pretty darn scary if you ask me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/05/mcdonalds-happy-meal-photos-6-months_n_761364.html#s155972
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Why do people care so much about others eating fast food?! If someone wants to eat fast food, then go for it! No one if forcing you to eat it, so stop trying to force others to stop eating it!

You missed the entire point. A person can drink furniture polish for all I care, if they're dumb enough to drink it. It's about bringing awareness to those who are making choices about eating fast food without being to privy to what's in those food items.

Nope, didn't miss the point, there's no need to "bring awareness". If you could care less what all of us fast food eaters are "dumb enough" to eat, then why feel the need to bring awareness? Looks like caring to me. And as far as being "privy" to what's in the food people consume, if you have the Internet, then you're privy to all the information.

LOL- I see someone here probably owns a McDonald's franchise or stock in Burger King.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Nope, didn't miss the point, there's no need to "bring awareness". If you could care less what all of us fast food eaters are "dumb enough" to eat, then why feel the need to bring awareness? Looks like caring to me. And as far as being "privy" to what's in the food people consume, if you have the Internet, then you're privy to all the information.
    I think that anytime someone provides information it can be helpful..you don't have to take their advice, and there are two sides to any argument. If you don't want to read the information, don't. I come to MFP to learn as much as I can about fitness/food/exercise that I can, and I appreciate anyone who offers information, and I feel that I am learning a lot from many posts on this site.
    On a lighter note, will furniture polish help with weight loss?
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

LOL- I see someone here probably owns a McDonald's franchise or stock in Burger King.

I wish! Lol
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I think that anytime someone provides information it can be helpful..you don't have to take their advice, and there are two sides to any argument. If you don't want to read the information, don't. I come to MFP to learn as much as I can about fitness/food/exercise that I can, and I appreciate anyone who offers information, and I feel that I am learning a lot from many posts on this site.

Completely agree about coming on the forums to learn. I do the same every day, problem with that is there is tons of false info that you have to weed through, and it's not always noticeably wrong.

As for the furniture polish, I don't like to drink my cals :tongue:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Completely agree about coming on the forums to learn. I do the same every day, problem with that is there is tons of false info that you have to weed through, and it's not always noticeably wrong.

As for the furniture polish, I don't like to drink my cals :tongue:
    That's true too...it's really hard to know what to think about lots of things, there is so much information these days. I'm still on the fence about the whole eat 1200 cals/eat TDEE/plateau/eat more to weigh less, etc.
    Me either! :laugh:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone's trying to force people to stop eating it. It seems that articles like this are just trying to make sure people are actually aware of what they're eating. If they realize what something is made of and choose to stop eating it, that's their own choice, not a forced one.

This. ^
    I understand what you're saying, but there is all sorts of chemicals, etc. in majority of what we eat, so it seems a little hypocritical to harp on fast food. People have attached this label to fast food like it's the worst thing ever, when in all reality, it's just food!

Fast food is far worse for you than some processed wheat bread or factory farm chicken. I don't give a damn what strangers eat, but the facts are what they are.

Can you back that up with facts and science? Or is that just your opinion?