I am New and would Welcome Advice and Support!!

Options
:smile: Hi, my name is Karen and I am new here. My co-worker told me about this site. I am looking forward to using it but would welcome help and support from anyone who is willing to do so. I always have good intentions but have a hard time to follow through. Looking for a good support system. Hope to hear from some of you :happy:

Replies

• Teresa09
    Options
    I just joined here to... I love this site so far. When you get into that mode where you dont want to follow through just keep going.. It's worth it in the end. I have lost 60 lbs so far. I started our just exercising by myself using printouts off fitnessmagazine.com and i reached a plateau so I joined here to help with my personal diet and have lost a few more lbs already.. Stick with it, we can do it! ; )
  • Barbie55127
    Barbie55127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen!! You have come to the right place for support. I love this site it has helped me stay on track. I log everything that goes in my mouth and this has really helped me lose the weight!! Good luck with your journey as well!!!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

My words of Advice is to first of all, just do whatever works for you. You can read all of the fitness articles and get all of the advice in the world, but the most important thing to do is to find what works for you and stick with it. What good is an awesome workout plan if you never do it? Do exercises you enjoy and will do consistently and eat healthy meals you enjoy.

My advice for what works best for me is to log EVERYTHING I eat and nearly all of my exercise and weigh myself at least once a week. This works for me because it helps keep me on track. If I don't log EVERYTHING I eat, I start to slack and not pay attention to how many calories I'm eating. Also, if I'm not weighing myself at least once a week then I don't notice when I'm starting to gain weight and if I need to re-evaluate what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising.

Welcome to the site! You'll love it!