Might change your mind about Fast food.

Options
124»

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    On a lighter note, will furniture polish help with weight loss?
    Only in moderation. Make sure you don't go over your TDEE with it though! :wink:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    It's also a matter of what most people can tolerate and their genetic makeup . I'm sure there's a segment of the population that can smoke 3 packs of cigs a day, never get lung cancer or emphysema and still live to be 100. I personally know of a woman who eats fast food almost every single day (she's 30) and she's as skinny as Olive Oil. However, (I don't have the exact numbers in front of me) I would venture to say that the people I just made mention of represent a very small percentage of society.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You don't have to convince me. I haven't eaten fats food in over 15 years.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It's also a matter of what most people can tolerate and their genetic makeup . I'm sure there's a segment of the population that can smoke 3 packs of cigs a day, never get lung cancer or emphysema and still live to be 100. I personally know of a woman who eats fast food almost every single day (she's 30) and she's as skinny as Olive Oil. However, (I don't have the exact numbers in front of me) I would venture to say that the people I just made mention of represent a very small percentage of society.
    Tolerance has nothing to do with it. Skinny equals burning as many, or more calories than you consume.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Why do people care so much about others eating fast food?! If someone wants to eat fast food, then go for it! No one if forcing you to eat it, so stop trying to force others to stop eating it!

You missed the entire point. A person can drink furniture polish for all I care, if they're dumb enough to drink it. It's about bringing awareness to those who are making choices about eating fast food without being to privy to what's in those food items.

Nope, didn't miss the point, there's no need to "bring awareness". If you could care less what all of us fast food eaters are "dumb enough" to eat, then why feel the need to bring awareness? Looks like caring to me. And as far as being "privy" to what's in the food people consume, if you have the Internet, then you're privy to all the information.
    I think that anytime someone provides information it can be helpful..you don't have to take their advice, and there are two sides to any argument. If you don't want to read the information, don't. I come to MFP to learn as much as I can about fitness/food/exercise that I can, and I appreciate anyone who offers information, and I feel that I am learning a lot from many posts on this site.

Completely agree about coming on the forums to learn. I do the same every day, problem with that is there is tons of false info that you have to weed through, and it's not always noticeably wrong.

As for the furniture polish, I don't like to drink my cals :tongue:

Well, I do. As healthy as I try to be, I still love my Merlot. A man's got to enjoy himself somehow. lol.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Tolerance has nothing to do with it. Skinny equals burning as many, or more calories than you consume.

It can also mean having unusually high metabolism rate. I know a lot of skinny people that don't exercise.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Only in moderation. Make sure you don't go over your TDEE with it though! :wink:
    :happy:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

It can also mean having unusually high metabolism. I know a lot of skinny people that don't exercise.

It still means calories in are less than or equal to calories out. If you consume more than you burn, you gain weight, regardless of metabolism. Some people can eat more because they burn more. You must consume and burn the same to remain the same weight.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    all i say is if you find yourself heading to McDonalds STOP and go to a Five Guys or In and Out instead. it makes no sense to go to McDonalds when those other 2 restaurants exist.

They don't exist in Hawaii. True story.

They don't exist on the east coast at all either.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    all i say is if you find yourself heading to McDonalds STOP and go to a Five Guys or In and Out instead. it makes no sense to go to McDonalds when those other 2 restaurants exist.

No In-N-Out out East, but we got Five Guys in MD. Whoop whoop

There are stories about all the hair and bug guts and mouse crap that's in food in restaurants, for all the restaurants that don't pass inspections.

The article is just more information to take in and decide what's best for you. If you don't care, then no need to read it, right?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

There are stories about all the hair and bug guts and mouse crap that's in food in restaurants, for all the restaurants that don't pass inspections.

The article is just more information to take in and decide what's best for you. If you don't care, then no need to read it, right?

All I know is I moved from FL to PA and we don't have either one in either state. =P
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

All I know is I moved from FL to PA and we don't have either one in either state. =P

I am from FL and I am pretty sure there were quite a few Five Guys (I was in S. FL).