man boobs and lifting

Options
I go in phases with lifting. maybe lift for 3-4 months then don't got for 3-4 months. i know that the only way to reduce moobs is to reduce overall fat. thing is that after i lift for a few months and then stop, the problem seems to get worse. does lifting along with reducing body fat help the issue or does lifting make it wose?

Replies

• MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go in phases with lifting. maybe lift for 3-4 months then don't got for 3-4 months. i know that the only way to reduce moobs is to reduce overall fat. thing is that after i lift for a few months and then stop, the problem seems to get worse. does lifting along with reducing body fat help the issue or does lifting make it wose?

lifting+reducing calorie intake+correct macros=no more noobs :bigsmile:

Lifting would not make your man boobs worse if your nutrition was in check (aka losing fat), if you are eating at TDEE or above and lifting you are bulking, building muscle under fat=bigger noobs

HTH
  • HittinMyGoals
    HittinMyGoals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well...I currently got done with about a month and a half bulk and just started to cut about a week ago. I work chest hard and decreased my calorie intake down to around 1500 cal. as well as increased my cardio. I'm hoping this works for me because I hate looking "ok" in the mirror but it looks like I haven't done any chest work due to the fatty chest. Let me know how it goes for you.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lifting does not make it worse. The addition of muscle mass means that you will have more defined pectoral muscles once the fat is gone. The key is a consistent diet made up of the correct macros.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You might have gynecomastia look it up some people need surgery to remove but usually it dissapears.
    446537 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got fat and "moobs" after gaining weight in my thirties. I recently changed my lifestyle to lose weight and gain muscle.

For my "moobs", I only work out my upper pecs by doing incline presses, incline fly's, etc. I work out my whole body, but I do not work out my lower pecs. This helps shape your pecs.

But, the most important thing to do to loose your "moobs" is to cut your calories. I use the app here and cut 500 calories a day. Im losing about 2 lbs a week. I do cardio (15% incline treadmill walking for 60 mins) every other day after one hour or so of weight lifting. So basically, Im in the gym every other day for 2 hrs.

If you don't cut the calories and work out, you won't lose the "moobs". You can come up with your own routine, but this has helped me lose weight, I lost 2 pant sizes and I went from wearing an extra large shirt to a large shirt since mid June of this year. My moobs are half their size and more square. Good luck!!!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The only way to really decrease your moobs is to be in a caloric deficit.