Almost 1 month since lifestyle change - and I'm sick!

Options
SO one month ago I decided to change. I wanted to be healthier, stronger and fitter. I'm about 100kgs and never thought I'd be able to run, even at my thinnest (around 60kgs) I was still unfit. So I'm chuffed that I'm getting there with my running. I have been building up from walk 2 min, run 1 min for 20mins to now, run 1min, walk 1 min. I plan to keep increading distance and speed.

I am also vegetarian (ethical and health reasons) and have been sticking to my MFP calories and trying really hard to have heaps of protein. I have started taking a multi vitamin just to be sure.

Today... I'm sick. My nose is running like a tap, I can hardly open my eyes and I sneeze constantly. I'm supposed to run today and I WANT to run... but I also just want to stay home and eat :(

How do I look after myself when I'm sick? Keep exercising? What are good foods for when you're sick? I wish I could have lemon drinks but I am allergic to citrus fruits :(

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    If you are that ill that you can hardly open your eyes, then you may need to see a doctor and rest until you feel up to it. Continue eating healthy and you should be fine

When I am sick, I try to allow my body to recoup, sometimes that's just what the body needs is rest

Feel better soon
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    What are good foods for when you're sick?

veal
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Been sick twice since I started. First time it was a pretty bad cold, and I stuck to walks in the neighborhood for a few days, then I went to a gym class and it was a bad idea, I got dizzy and it was a mess... Second time was a stomach bug and needless to say I didn't work out (or eat much) for a few days.

It's very annoying, but you got to work around it. I'd go for a walk, personally, something low key that will still keep you moving but won't tire you out. If you're too tired to do that, just stay home and eat less.
  • Plingie
    Plingie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Might go for a walk tonight if I'm feeling up to it. I'm feeling pathetic :S