Movie Theater Foods

Options
I just read this on a Movie Review site that I frequent and thought I would share, scary facts indeed!! http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/how-many-calories-are-in-movie-theater-concessions-seriously-you-really-dont-want-to-know.php

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The only time we ever got a large was when there were 3 or more people. I wouldn't eat much, maybe 1/8 of the bucket, then my parents would split the rest.

All this comes down to is portion size, portion size, portion size. Sure, get the large popcorn; just don't eat it in its entirety by yourself.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I know, the large is too big to eat solo but it is good to keep these things in mind. The large sizes here are refillable, yikes! I can't imagine needing a refill!
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always find it hard to eat a small amount - its so addictive!
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I say skip the popcorn all together. You can buy individual packs of raisinettes at any grocery store and they are only 150 calories a pack. That and a bottle of water, you've got yourself a great movie snack!
  • bacardigirl
    bacardigirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for the hot pretzel that they sell at movie theaters...I always get it unsalted and w/o the gross cheese dip. Sure, it's a carb nightmare, but relatively low fat and better for you than the popcorn!