log a piece of gum?

Options
Should I log my 5 calorie or less piece or orbit cinnimint gum?

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    As ridiculous as this sounds, yes. You should log EVERYTHING you eat. Those little bites can add up quickly.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes :) It's good to log everything, because everything adds up!
  • bbmumma
    bbmumma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    only if you are eating 10 of them
  • ambercole
    Options
    i never log gum and I chew it all day. i always leave about 100 calories at the end of the day to be a "catchall" for things like this.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt
  • gretal
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. As long as your not eating the whole pack in one day! I wouldn't be suprised if you burn those 5 calories that are in the gum just by chewing on it!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i'd say yes, because its not calorie free and even though it seems like a small amount of calories, sometimes all it takes is 5 to tip you over (or ten...or 15....if you have more then one)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    i do, but that is just me
  • newnaps4me
    Options
    i do because it does add up...
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    finehhhhh i'll log it :wink:
  • ellenzab
    Options
    No way. I don't even log vegetables.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    You figure your calories are probably off by about a 100 or so anyway, so I don't log my gum.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't because I probably burn it off just chewing.
  • Raina0512
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING... BUT I do NOT log gum... It's crazy... I chew Sugar-Free Orbitz (2 pieces/5 calories) all day every day but I guarantee I burn the calories off by just chewing all day!

Don't log it...
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't log gum. Don't let yourself get too obsessed or overanayltical. It is a road to disorders - I know it sounds crazy but I know a few people who suffered from anorexia and they did things like that - not that you are anorexic. :P

Eat well - look at your diary and see a great log - don't worry about the gum!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. According to Prevention Magazine, you can burn up to 10% more calories by chewing it because chewing gum produces more saliva. So I take it as a wash. I am not going to put in my exercise diary "Chewing Gum". :happy:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    OMG, that's just getting anal about the whole thing!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i would not log a piece of gum or even 3 pieces. i would just chew it. you can burn it off walking it over to the garbage to discard it. :)
  • John8188
    Options
    No way. I don't even log vegetables.

Why wouldn't you log veggies? that seam weird.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Nope, I do not log gum.