New friends!

Options
Hi! I need some motivational friends to help me through this process. Before, all my attempts at losing weight were horrible. I received no encouragement from any of my friends or family. So I've decided not to tell anyone, hence why I'm here. I need some friends whose goals are similar to mine and don't mind encouraging me while I return the sentiment.

I'm tired of looking this way and feeling bad about myself. And I'm tired of being laughed at.

So, who's with me?

Replies

• maryialex
    Options
    My Name is Mary. Been trying to lose weight myself and not liking the way I look. Dont have anyone to workout with around me and everyone eats what they wanna eat so its hard to stay focused and motivated so I understand. Good Luck to ya!
  • ThePhrontistery
    Options
    Rock 'n roll, lady!
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I can understand how you feel, as my family is a lover of foods, and every time I tell them I am looking to loose weight they give me the ... Accept who you u are your beautiful speech .... I wonder if its because they don't want anyone around them dieting and making them question whether they should.. but anyhow.. I love them all thick or thin! LOL!
    You can add me, as I can use some encouragement myself... I also was wondering.. what are your goals?
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need some motivational friends to help me through this process. Before, all my attempts at losing weight were horrible. I received no encouragement from any of my friends or family. So I've decided not to tell anyone, hence why I'm here. I need some friends whose goals are similar to mine and don't mind encouraging me while I return the sentiment.

I'm tired of looking this way and feeling bad about myself. And I'm tired of being laughed at.

So, who's with me?

Welcome :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm more than willing to be in your support network! I started a week ago on this journey, and this place has kept me so excited! Good luck!
  • Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I think that family and friends can be somewhat harsh judges of what we are going through and we don't always get what we need from them. This site has been a huge help to me!
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You're worth it...thats all you need to keep telling yourself. The rest is easy!
  • bbolhar1
    bbolhar1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started my workout and diet plan. I'm 37 and I work 50 hours a week while being a full time single father. I'm trying to get my weight down to 210. I'm 243 right now. I need some motivational friends to keep me focus.
  • SeahawkFan1
    Options
    I'm 24, dont like the way i look either. Started jogging and trying to eat well. Feel free to add me.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals,

I've been losing and gaining back the same 20-25 pounds for about 4 years now, and want to finally keep them off, and also get muscles . (I am a weakling so the getting muscles part will be super hard) , Definitely could use some encouragement along the way!

We can do it!
  • ninessential
    Options
    Here here!
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a motivational buddy!
  • kitgeo
    kitgeo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP last Saturday and it's been working wonderfully! Would LOVE some motivated people who, like me, need to be accountable to others to help motivate them! If anyone wants to add me that would be so helpful!
  • miaz143
    miaz143 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I joined MFP a little while ago to try to monitor what I was taking in... then I seem to have forgotten about it and ended up 45lbs heavier! So here I am trying to get back on track! Feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other out to become more motivated to get healthy together!

Good Luck!

:)
  • TygerDawn
    TygerDawn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and just gotten serious about weight loss myself. I have no support within my family either and can always use some motivational friends :-) Feel free to add me! I want to lose 30-40kgs in the long term :)