Striiv or Fitbit?

Options
I want to get a pedometer that I can sync up with MFP and with my phone, and I can't decide between the Striiv Play or the Fitbit Zip. If you have used either one of these, please, tell me how they worked for you!

Replies

• cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I could really use someones advice......
  • Bravyn
    Bravyn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra(since replaced by fitbit one) and I love it!
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I love my fitbit too:)
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One here. Love it.

Jerry
  • jpedge
    jpedge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I rock the Fitbit Zip and I'm a big fan. :)
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and I really like it!

Pros: easy to use, small, comes with a clippy thing so you can clip it to your pocket/sportsbra (for the ladies)/belt/whatever, easy to sync to the website (although I don't usually use it to sync to mfp because I only record my workouts on here and the fitbit records all activity involving walking), and it comes in some cool colors.

Cons: the screen isn't lit up so you can't see it in the dark, and the battery is not rechargeable so you need to replace it every 4-6 months. But the battery only costs about $5-$8 based on my short research.

Hope this helps a bit! I've never heard of the other pedometer you mentioned so I can't weigh in on that. I really like the zip, it keeps me active. I work a desk job so I write down my steps every hour and try to hit around 4,000 by the end of the day. It's tough but the fitbit keeps me motivated! And the site is nice, you can add friends and kinda compete with them if you are competitive :)
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I love it so much, very highly recommend it.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Adore my Fitbit One!!!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't heard of the Striiv ... looks interesting. DOES MFP sync with it? I know someone else recently got the Misfit Shine (another new one) and MFP does not support it yet.

I am a huge Fitbit fan ... Fitbit has been out longer and does have a good track record. It does sync with MFP, and there are many "reward" sites it syncs with too (Everymove, Earndit, Achievemint, Walgreens) that link to the Fitbit as well, and let you get some small kickbacks (I've gotten a couple $5 Amazon giftcards from Everymove, and donated other points to charities). I also like how it syncs with Trendweight too.

I did a blog post outlining just what you can expect from a Fitbit
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

I included a lot of graphs you get with Fitbit ... I like that Fitbit has a website as well as an app. I'm still a computer person, I like my big screen. The FitbitOne also tracks sleep (not sure which Fitbit you would be looking at) and has a timer (so you can get stats from individual workouts). I had an Omron pedometer first, and still wear it, and the two devices are always very close, which is a good indicator of accuracy.

Hope this helps! I'll be interested to hear reviews on the Striiv ... so far the ones on Amazon seem pretty mixed ... reports of it not working.
  • cadaverousbones
    Options
    Striiv has an app that syncs up with MFP. I saw it in some peoples food diarys, I guess it automatically syncs up with your diary and adjusts your calories. It sounds cool with the app that you can do little workout games and compete with people, seems similar to the fitbit. Hope someone who has used it can reply. So far I have heard great things about Fitbit though!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit as well!

PS its been super-glued back together 3 times, fished out of a shower drain once, and it still works!
  • Andrea47H
    Andrea47H Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just bought my Fitbit One last week and I love it! I hate to exercise but I am finding myself running up and down stairs and walking daily just to get to my goals! Too cool!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    FitBit One has been voted by numerous sources as the best activity tracker out on the market. Hands down.

I have the FitBit Ultra (and BodyMedia Link) and I absolutely love my FitBit. It's extremely accurate, syncs with MFP and gives plenty of useful data.
  • cadaverousbones
    Options
    BUMP!!

Would love to hear from people who have used the Striiv!! I know you guys are out there!
  • cadaverousbones
    Options
    Really, nobody has used Striiv?????
  • rockfence
    rockfence Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used both the Striiv Play and the FitBit One. I prefer the FitBit. It could be my particular unit, but the Striiv seems to have some syncing issues I couldn't work past.

I was initially attracted to the Striiv for it's interface -- it was kinda fun to do some of the challenges.

The FitBit seems to bea little better integrated into the MFP system (may just be my impression).
  • cadaverousbones
    Options
    I've used both the Striiv Play and the FitBit One. I prefer the FitBit. It could be my particular unit, but the Striiv seems to have some syncing issues I couldn't work past.

I was initially attracted to the Striiv for it's interface -- it was kinda fun to do some of the challenges.

The FitBit seems to bea little better integrated into the MFP system (may just be my impression).

Thanks for your input! I downloaded the Striiv app for iPhone and it tracks your steps without even having to have the pedometer. Seems like it is a little off but not by much. I might end up buying both of the pedometers to see what I like more lol, they both have things that I think I would like :)
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have both - a Fitbit One (my third FItbit as I have destroyed two others) and just recently a Striiv Play. I sync my Fitbit to MFP - but wear both. I have enjoyed my Striiv and it has caused me to increase steps and do stairs (which I have avoided for YEARS as I have bone on bone in my left knee) just to complete the challenges and gain energy to build in "My Land".

If you like a "Farmville" type game, and the many challenges that Striiv makes available - it may work for you!
  • edg6strings
    edg6strings Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've gone through 2 striiv plays in the last 2 months. The 1st only worked for a few days before dying & now the 2nd one has stopped tracking & battery only lasts a few hours on a full charge. Good concept & price, but very poorly made. I wouldn;t suggest it to anyone because of the poor build quality. I'm ordering a fitbit one today, costs more, but hopefully it will be more durable.