Introduction: getting my fat bum into check.

Options
Hi, I'm new!

I'm 'Vortex', 24 years old and 1.73m (about 5ft and 8 inches I believe). I am not completely possitive on my weight (we haven't owned a scale in years), but I'm guessing it's about 120kg/240lbs - the most I have ever weight in my life. Its time for a change, not *just* physically, but mentally and emotionally too.

I started out with a strict Protein diet a few weeks ago. I have lost about 80lbs with a similar program before, and know that it will keep me motivated for the first while, aswell as get back to 5 small meals a day (I have only been eating late at night after work for years, so this is something I want to target sooner rather than later) and only drinking water (2.5 liters a day) and rarely some herbal tea. After a while, I will be trasitioning back to a healthy, low carb vegetarian diet.

Now that I have given my body a few weeks to adapt to the diet, I will be starting the exercise I have planned. Because money is very tight at this moment, I will start out at home using DVDs for about 1-2 hours daily. In a few weeks, I will be getting some extra spending money which will be going straight to a gym pass, where I plan to spend about an hour 6-7 days a week. Because I have never exercised in my adult life, I will need to slowly build intensity - I do, luckily have a pretty active job and do not own a car (I walk or ride my bicycle everywhere). Focuss will be mostly on cardio, aswell as some weight training to gain muscle.

I have set myself the goal of losing atleast 100lbs by this time next year. I know thats a huge goal, but I love a challenge and am very motivated to do whatever it takes to get there. My goal weight will be around 60kg/120lbs - but with a healthy bit of muscle. I am, however pretty new to a lot of this.. and ANY imput is always welcome, and I'd love to hear about your favorite workouts or workout DVDs!

So yeah.. hi! :)

Replies

• jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    welcome! congratulations on biking and walking everywhere- that is already a fantastic thing to do. You will find that your weightloss will really come from watching what you eat. by logging your food and reading the forums here you can learn alot about nutrition.
  • IntoTheVortex
    Options
    Thank you! I really want to spend the first period while on the diet on working out a new way of eating and adjusting my lifestyle overall, it seems like this website will be the perfect place for that :)