Question for those that have lost 50+ pounds.

Options
I was wondering if anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight and has had it off for a while if you get use to the cold. When I was 415 pounds (Currently 232) I use to wear a T-Shirt and shorts in mid-winter. I now In pants and a t-shirt get cold on a 60 degree day with a brisk wind. Is it all mental or will by body get used to it?

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ive lost 180 pounds and been around this weight (up and down) for well over a year and yep still feel the cold more then others. :)
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You will. I did anyways. I was freezing after losing 20 pounds then felt like I was going to die after 70. Constantly was bundled up. I got used to it though. :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm at 103 lbs lost so far with quite a bit to go so I'm usually cold. I'm cold right now actually. I do hope that once I get to my goal and stop losing weight I'll eventually get used to it.
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm not adjusting to the temperature change all that well. I was just out at a restaurant and was so cold my fingers went numb, so I am warming up under three blankets (and it is summer where I live!). And I've been losing this weight over the last five years. However my doctor thinks I might have Reynaud's Syndrome... and the solution is basically, avoid getting too cold. :-p So I'm not sure how much is due to weight loss although I didn't mind it until I started losing weight.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input and Congrats to you all!
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I am ALWAYS cold..my boyfriend and I are completely opposite and it drives him crazy! I'll be under two blankets and he's sitting next to me in his boxers with a fan pointed on him lol.
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I feel ridiculous sometimes because it'll be 70s... Sometimes 80s! And I'll have a long sleeve hoodie on or long sleeve shirt. Hope my body gets use to it too
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am not looking forward to this winter ! Last winter I already noticed how much colder I felt so I'm going to have to invest in a good winter jacket and wear alot of layers!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    it takes time. I'm dealing with the cold better than I was, but I still get cold easier.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get used to the cold! I've always been colder than everyone else and also have a lower body temp. I guess I was overheated at my top weight but now I am feeling more like my "normal" with layers and extra socks. Or at least I will when the temps cool and my un-air conditioned condo cools down a bit!

I'm more upset now with not having that extra padding when sitting on a hard bench!
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    you will most likely get used to it, just as someone who bundles up in the fall, but runs around in shorts in the spring at the same temp.

personally for me, im sitting at 95 pounds lost and i dont feel any colder, but personally i welcome it if i do (i'm a living furnace).