Stupid legs!!!!!!!

Options
So I should start by saying that since january, I have lost a total of 40lbs. I feel great and love challenging myself. Ive noticed a huge difference in my body so far, and im excited to see more progress.

Now my problem is that I've always had larger legs. Huge quads and hamstrings, and really big calf muscles. Since ive started working out, my waist has gone from a size 14 to around a size 8/7, but my legs are still stuck at a size 14/12!!!!!!! Im SO frustrated and angry!! I have gained a lot of muscle in my legs, but only lost about 2 inches.

My legs are still very fatty, which makes it nearly impossible to properly fit into a pair of jeans. They're always huge around my waist but so tight around the legs. I wanted to go shopping today to see my progress, but I ended up leaving frustrated and discouraged.

PLEASE tell me it gets better! Will I ever lose these thunder thighs???

Replies

• Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nobody? Someone please help!!!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see the replies you get. I have always been pear-shaped and although I've lost about 44 lbs, my hips, thighs, and butt have felt like they're always the last to go. Shopping for pants has always been frustrating because if I can get them to fit my legs and hips, then I have "butt gap" at the small of my back. So I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you are.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have to opposite issue...I've lost all my weight in my hips, thighs..heck, even my ankles!
    I look like a weeble on toothpicks!
  • Crimson21
    Options
    I can't wait to see the replies you get. I have always been pear-shaped and although I've lost about 44 lbs, my hips, thighs, and butt have felt like they're always the last to go. Shopping for pants has always been frustrating because if I can get them to fit my legs and hips, then I have "butt gap" at the small of my back. So I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you are.

I know what you mean!!! I always have to wear a belt. I hope I lose the legs.
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What about buying a curvy fit jean? Levi's has varying curve levels, to fit a variety of body types now. I'm a pear shape too, so I feel your pain! I've enjoyed my curvy fit skinny jeans though... no gap, and big enough in my thighs and hips to feel comfortable.
  • Crimson21
    Options
    What about buying a curvy fit jean? Levi's has varying curve levels, to fit a variety of body types now. I'm a pear shape too, so I feel your pain! I've enjoyed my curvy fit skinny jeans though... no gap, and big enough in my thighs and hips to feel comfortable.

Another problem is that im only 5'1". So buying jeans is even harder. The only place I can find jeans is American Eagle because they make them "short". Otherwise I would trip over them or have to stuff the back of them into my shoes.
  • JessiGoodwin
    Options
    Pear shaped my whole life (even in my young teens)... Swimsuit shopping is so obnoxious because my top is usually at least two sizes smaller than my bottom. I've had some success with wide or straight leg jeans that can hang a little lower on my hips, but I can't WAIT to lose some darn thigh weight so I can go down a pant size or two :ohwell:
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the idea of curvy fit jeans. I have personally tried and loved Gap Curvy and Old Navy has two versions. Their Sweetheart is supposed to be the curviest but I prefer a lower rise and got the Flirt style. I've also gotten some good ones from Lee but can't remember the name. Most of them come in short as well. Or it might be worth splurging on a tailor. I know your frustration is in the distribution but I'd say celebrate what you have lost and rock out a new outfit regardless.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile: