Eating 500cal for breakfast and lunch, and 800cal dinner.

Options
Everyday I eat breakfast, a snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. This equates to around 500 calories. I then eat a dinner of whatever my housemate cooks (pasta, steak, basically I eat anything expect takeaways). This can be anywhere between 300 - 800 calories.

Is this bad for me? I have lost weight doing this but the only reason I do this is because it really does stop me from binging. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Everyday I eat breakfast, a snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. This equates to around 500 calories. I then eat a dinner of whatever my housemate cooks (pasta, steak, basically I eat anything expect takeaways). This can be anywhere between 300 - 800 calories.

Is this bad for me? I have lost weight doing this but the only reason I do this is because it really does stop me from binging. Does anyone else do this?

For one thing, I have no idea how tall you are, how much you weigh, what you're trying to lose/gain.... but anyway, in general, doing that with 800 calorie dinner seems fine. But if it's only 300 calorie dinner, that means you're eating 800 calories a day, and that's not enough. You really should not go below 1200 a day or you can damage your body and not get all the nutrients you need.
  • kaityfarrance
    Options
    For one thing, I have no idea how tall you are, how much you weigh, what you're trying to lose/gain.... but anyway, in general, doing that with 800 calorie dinner seems fine. But if it's only 300 calorie dinner, that means you're eating 800 calories a day, and that's not enough. You really should not go below 1200 a day or you can damage your body and not get all the nutrients you need.

I am:
    163cm tall
    67kg
    Trying to get below 60kg
    I exercise usually three times a week.

Usually I know what we are having for dinner and I eat according to this: eg. If it is a lower cal dinner I will have a higher cal breakfast/lunch. I usually average about 1250cal - 1300cal a day.
    So, as long as I 'budget' my calories throughout the day this should be fine? Also, I don't eat after 8pm, I don't know if this helps.