I can't believe I've just done this...

Options
On Tuesday I forced myself to go out running in the rain, as my theory was that if I could get used to that, nothing else could be as bad.

As it happened, I discovered that running in the rain is much easier for me, and managed 2km without stopping for the first time.

Today, I must have been the only person in my town sitting waiting at the window for the heavy rain to turn up - when it did, I was straight out there. And this time, I did three (or by the GPS watch, 3.37km to be exact!! I kept going because I didn't want to be under!!!!). It took about 27 minutes.

I felt like I could potentially have reached four, but I am still breaking in a new pair of running shoes to actual running and my lower legs are still questioning why they're being twisted around by a fraction of an inch. In the interests of being able to walk in work tomorrow, I thought I had better not push it...

I thought I was happy on Tuesday...now I'm 60% there towards my first goal of 5km!!! Thanks to all my cheerleaders (it was me celebrating running for all of two minutes a few weeks ago :D).

Replies

• runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Every day it does get easier!
  • Kyllosis
    Kyllosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :D
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    very cool!

ps: i love running in the rain!
  • Piratefifi
    Options
    I LOVE running in the rain! Welcome to the weirdo club ;)
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It stopped raining in the third kilometre and was definitely harder - I don't know whether that was psychological or actual!!
  • mjoshua87
    Options
    awesome!!!!!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well, if I didn't believe it yesterday...

...I just went out and did it again. Three minutes quicker.

If I had one message for anyone out there - disengage your brain. The saying, "Your mind will give up before your body ever does" is absolutely true!!!

(Thanks to the person who advised me to never do less than 3km again, because now I know I can do it LOL!)
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just did this it was awsome! my shoes are filled with water!!
  • MaggieMaeB
    Options
    Way to go!!! Congrats!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    It's always a buzz to watch the journey of others and know your going the right way!

Congratulations .. Bring on the rain:flowerforyou:
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain, If it rains I make a point to run if I can.
  • cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the couch to 5k?
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running in the rain! Since I've started (mid-May), we've had exactly two rainy days here - but I live in the Pacific Northwest, and know I'll get all the rain I could possibly want in another few months!
  • sgarrett333
    Options
    I love to run in the rain, but I'm always scared I'm going to slip on the pavement! Congrats!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner but I love the rain. The whole idea of a terrific storm and light show makes me happy and the sound of the rain on the roof of the cottage is soothing to me. To all you runners out there enjoying yourselves in the rain, who knew you were having such a good time! Keep up your efforts and have fun, fun, fun on your run!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    I ran in the rain tonight. I figured it couldn't be worse than running in 90% humidity. I was right; it wasn't. In fact, it was a little bit more pleasant!
  • sisqo8182
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.!!!
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    congrats to you. keep up the running!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Today, I must have been the only person in my town sitting waiting at the window for the heavy rain to turn up - when it did, I was straight out there.
    When I was younger, I really hated the rain/clouds/fog, but now I love it. I especially love early morning bike rides when the visibility is 50 feet and a heavy mist is coming down. Beautiful . . . :)

Enjoy the weather, and keep up the good work!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And keep on runnin' It gets easier with time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!