PCOS and Weight Loss

Options
Hello all. Hoping there are people out there who can help me out or give me some suggestions. I am 5'5, 28 year old female who has PCOS and Insulin Resistance. I weight 198 lbs and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I'm looking to drop 2 lbs a week and I've been working out now for about a month and lost about 6 lbs, but notice lately it's been hard me for me lose weight. It seems I eat healthy, only drink water for beverages, and don't have junk food and work out 4 times a week but my weight goes up and down and it's so slow coming off! Does anyone else with PCOS have advice they can offer? Exercises that work best? Recipes?

Steph

Replies

• kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    I find weight training and a low-ish carb diet works best for me - sorry for the brief response, I'm multitasking while at work! I'll try to expand later!

Oh, and welcome!! :smile:
  • leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 39 have PCOS. I lose on average only 2-3 pounds per month. I am on no medication as my sugar levels have always been fine. However my dr. told me I have to work four times harder than the average person to lose weight, because of the PCOS. Low glycemic diet is recommended for PCOS and move every day. I do have rest days. I like circuit training and think that is a good work out for us. Don't get discouraged just trust the process and progress will come.
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have no advice really. I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. I have PCOS too and am having a very hard time losing any weight. But I'm going to keep trying. I plan to cut my carbs again as that seems to be the only thing that really helps me. But when PMS time comes around, I get a major sweets craving. What a struggle!