I can't believe I've just done this...

Options
2»

Replies

• VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain makes you feel like a bad *kitten*, doesn't it?!!!! Good for you!!!

I had the fortunate experience of running in the rain in beautiful Wisconsin, among gorgeous trees, on a gravel road. It was truly liberating!!!
  • R1otgirl
    R1otgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I lovvveee running in the rain and here in Florida we get plenty of it :)
    I love running in the rain at 11:30 @ night to be exact XD
    Only downside is that I live in the lightning capitol of the world but it makes me run faster when I hear that thunder above me :)
    keep up the good work!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain sounds fun! I'm already soaking wet when I run anyways, might as well add some inclement weather to make you feel more bad *kitten*, haha!

Don't see a whole lot of rainy days in san diego, however :glasses:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :drinker: how cute! i love it.. yeah running in the rain is awesome! almost makes you feel like a kid too.. hehe .. like you partly are annoyed cuz your wet and your like great?!?!?! but then its like forget it who cares and its a "free-ing" feeling almost and then the endorphin rush from the running! oh yaeh... you feel amazing!
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!! I was a newbie runner at the beginning of the year and its SUCH a proud moment when you realise you can actually do it!!! Im addicted to the feeling of running a teeny bit further every week now!

Yep - never do less than 3k again (until youre on your tapering week for your first race...!)

I also love running in the rain, as long as I have a hat on to keep the rain out of my eyes!

Its always good to build up slowly because our cardiovascular system improves quicker than our musculoskeletal system can keep up! So increase your distance slowly to avoid injuries (and minimise your DOMS so you can still walk the following day!) My running coach did me a plan and my longer runs increased by about half a mile roughly every two weeks.

Dont be disappointed if the scales start being a bit mean to you and saying your weight loss has stopped or even worse, youve put on... Most of my running friends have this at some stage (sometimes for quite a while). Guess its the whole losing fat but gaining muscle thing. Keep measurements and other goals (like 5k/10k/half marathon distances) in your goal if this does happens.

And congratulations on your achievements!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I haven't done much jogging lately cause I want my metabolism to speed up not slow down. But I do enjoy it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!