Ideal weight for 5'2 22 year old female

Options
I lost 41lbs in the past 2 years and am now 105lbs just wanted to know of this is too light or just right?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about your weight?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    depends on your frame size too. for me a med frame it would be too light...i am 5.2 as well
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    for 5'2, i would think you might want to gain 5-10 pounds
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & 29yrs old. My goal weight is 120-125. I agree with another poster that it depends on your frame. But, in all honesty 105lbs is too light.
  • dwithbenefithfc
    Options
    I am 5'2 and i maintain at 150lbs 15% bodyfat in the "off season" of my sport.

I use this example not to share my stats but to show you how little weight really matters. Get down or up to a healthy bodyfat and as long as you feel good weight does not matter.
  • dwithbenefithfc
    Options
    I have worked with girls who weigh between 90 and 100 lbs but have bodyfat % upwards of 30-35%
  • lin7604
    Options
    did you ever figure out your body fat # on the site i gave you last time to get a idea...
  • bubblesmybubbles
    bubblesmybubbles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah 16.3?
  • lin7604
    Options
    that is low as well.. don't lose any more weight!
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and I was 108 once, but it was after having a terrible virus. I'm 148 now and shooting for 120 or so (115 would thrill me).105 is probably too light for you, but I can't really say.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and just a couple of pounds heavier. I do not think I am too thin, but it is more about body composition than weight. If you are comfortable at this weight then I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • danapenguin
    Options
    according to ideal body weight equation: 105+(5x inches over 5 feet)
    105 + (5x2)= 115lbs
    so your IBW would be 115lbs. therefore, your considered underweight. However, if you are happy with ur weight and tone then don't worry about it BUT I wouldn't lose anymore weight!
  • megan020103
    Options
    I am 5'2" and small framed. I always feel I look my best between 110-115.