Low calorie flavorings/sauces/dips?

Options
List your favorite low calorie flavorings/sauces/dips!

I like Frank's Red Hot sauce (0 calories), Tabasco sauce (0 calories), low sodium soy sauce (I think 5-10 calories?)

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Sriracha- 5 calories per tsp, Braggs Liquid Aminos-0 calories per tsp, ginger garlic paste-5 calories per tsp.,
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has a great line: salad dressings, barbeque sauce, ketchup, chocolate sauce, jelly, pancake syrup, and lots of other items. All of them are 0 calories, 0 sugars, 0 carbs, 0 fats. Just be aware of the sodium and you're good to indulge in as much as you want. A true lifesaver for our family.
  • TheFatFox
    TheFatFox Posts: 126
    Options
    Franks Red Hot, Mustard, Vinegar
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Bolthouse yogurt salad dressings... 45 calories for 2 tbsp comes in Ranch, Parmesan and i think Honey Mustard

Walden Farms is DISGUSTING!
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse yogurt salad dressings... 45 calories for 2 tbsp comes in Ranch, Parmesan and i think Honey Mustard

Bolthouse Ranch is SO good! I've never tried Walden Farms stuff but I have a feeling it would not be good. Curious about other people's opinions.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms - that stuff is hit or miss and kindda pricey but its zero calories! My fav flavors are chocolate syrup, bbq sauce and the italian salad dressing, the honey mustard dressing and thousand island dressings are ok. What is gross is the "peanut butter" and their marshmallow spread. I havent tried anything else since I know that its hit or miss lol
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Louisiana Hot Sauce (0 cal), Heritage Fare Chicken Sauce Buffalo Style (0 cal), mustard (0 cal), red wine vinegar on salads (0 cal)

I haven't made a dip in ages, but a homemade guacamole with 1 avocado, 1 roma tomato, little onion, garlic, lemon juice and S&P is super healthy. Also, hummus dip made from a can of chick peas and garlic, lemon, salt and maybe a little olive oil if you want to add some monounsaturated fat for those with high cholesterol. I usually roast a red bell pepper directly on the flame on the stove, then add it. Hummus doesn't raise the glycemic index, either. For a creamy dip, I swap sour cream out for plain yogurt.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has a great line: salad dressings, barbeque sauce, ketchup, chocolate sauce, jelly, pancake syrup, and lots of other items. All of them are 0 calories, 0 sugars, 0 carbs, 0 fats. Just be aware of the sodium and you're good to indulge in as much as you want. A true lifesaver for our family.

Wow! Thanks a LOT! I recently discovered their salad dressings great to know they have so much more to offer!
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    [quote
    [/quote]

Just curious are you referring to flavor or content?
  • Jason_7784
    Jason_7784 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find sauces/seasonings/dips etc. that are low cal and have low or no sodium content (I have high blood pressure and have to manage my sodium as well). I discovered Mrs. Dash's no salt seasonings. No sodium and no calories. I use them in pasta, on chicken, in soups. Fantastic choice.
  • mtlegacy
    mtlegacy Posts: 16
    Options
    1. Trader Joe's Hot & Sweet Mustard
    2. Chipotle Tabasco Sauce

I'm a fan of a lot of those already listed in this thread, but these two are all I ever really need.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    #1 Mustard!! :)
    #2 Chunky Salsa

If I'm craving ranch dip, I'll get chobani plain greek yogurt and the ranch dressing dry mix and mix it up. Taste almost the same as sour cream to me. :)
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Some have been mentioned:

* Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings - loooooove the Ranch and Honey Mustard ones! Also recently discovered there's a Thousand Island one as well, curious as to how that one does on some lean ground meat.
    * Walden Farms - ONLY the pancake syrup seems to be universally tasty to most, but the BBQ sauces are alright
    * Mixing greek yogurt with dip herbs that you would usually mix w/sour cream (I get mine locally, not in stores)
    * Mixing greek yogurt with avocado
    * Trader Joe's Tzatziki Cucumber dip
    * Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Guacamole w/greek yogurt
    * Casa Sanchez Real Guacamole
    * La Mexicana Salsa - typically lower in sodium than others
    * Bragg's Liquid Amino's (soy sauce sub)
    * Coconut Aminos (soy sauce sub)
    * Horseradish Mustard
    * Mrs. Dash
    * Sriracha hot sauce
    * Valentina hot sauce
    * Trader Joe's Mustard Garlic Aioli

Just some of my go-to's ... clearly I love my sauces and dips!