Ok.. Trying this again but this time..determined!

Options
I actually opened this up last year, but never came back. Well today, I'm back. My husband and I have been following a no sugar program since July 1 and we have added a little sugar back in but not much. I have lost 11 lbs since we started and he has lost 15 lbs. It's not easy to do without the sugar, but we're getting better at it. Just looking at you guys and seeing what you're doing that might be encouraging!

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    What I have found works is logging. Log log log. It becomes a habit after about 3 weeks. It's a pain in the butt up until then, but WELL worth it! It's great when you have printable reports so you can look at trends in your diet to determine what's been working and what may be throwing a wrench in the gears. I wish you and your husband luck!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    To me, logging is the only way - and it really makes me think about what I eat! That said, I a struggling with binges at the moment... but that is boredom eating!
  • reneewillmakeit
    Options
    Thanks !!!
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    I have the odd binge from boredom eating myself, so frustrating! Really trying to stamp that out...
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Why?
  • Lifegetsfatat50
    Options
    Well done so far
  • ReconstructingCarrie
    Options
    I'm back again too, and also cutting out carbs / sugar. Glad to meet you!
  • monartlady
    Options
    Hi,
    I agree with everyone else. Log your food, log your exercise. That's actually how I found MFP. I was looking for an app to log my food. Couldn't do all that writing, but my phone is with me 24/7.
    And, if you need some love and support, please feel free to add me. Believe me, I have up and down days, like most people here. And that goes for anyone else in the UK group, I know I'm from Ireland, but it's great having people in the same time zone!
    Best of luck to hubby too.
    Trish