Rosedale/Kat James/Perricone Diet Anyone?

Options
Hey there! I'm just starting on here and my plan of action is the Rosedale diet. Anyone else using that approach?

Replies

• kmendez77
    Options
    hi i am not sure i have heard of that diet can u tell me about it
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    nope had to google it.
    I wouldn't even consider it, any diet that you have to avoid the following on is not healthy.

"There are even certain fruits and vegetables that must be avoided altogether! – for example; Banana, Cantaloupe, Dried fruit (all varieties), Grapes, Honeydew, Orange, Pineapple, Watermelon, Yams, Pumpkin, White Potatoes, Corn."

Lifestyle eating should include every fruit and vegetable and whole grain, and lean protien, and healthy fats as possible.
    All the best to you, this is a great site for helping you keep track of food intake and exercise.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am. :)

And if you read the science behind why certain foods are avoided you would understand why it is healthy and it does work. I have never felt better in my life and I have been on this lifestyle change for 5 months now.

The foods that are avoided are because they break down into sugars. Which cause you body to want to burn only sugar for energy. If you don't give it the sugars it needs it will break down your bones and muscles. To avoid this from happening you train your body to not need sugar as a fuel by not eating the food that break down into sugar. It makes your body turn to the stored fat as energy.

Rosedale says to avoid it all together because his plan only calls for a min amount of exercise. Byron Richards who has a book on the same topic says you can eat whatever you want, but you will need to exercise 2-3 hours a day. On the days I have that kind of time to devote to my marital arts, I do splurge and eat some fruit that I enjoy. On the days I can't workout that much at one time I don't.
  • cberen
    Options
    Yeah, his re-sensitizing to leptin explanation makes so much sense to me -- converting your body from being a sugar burner to a fat burner. I am very early on the plan but already not having any cravings and don't feel hungry at all. He is so right that willpower will bow to hunger every time.
  • cberen
    Options
    Thanks Nutshel! Best of luck to you on your weightloss/health journey. I agree this site is great :)

"There are even certain fruits and vegetables that must be avoided altogether! – for example; Banana, Cantaloupe, Dried fruit (all varieties), Grapes, Honeydew, Orange, Pineapple, Watermelon, Yams, Pumpkin, White Potatoes, Corn."

The idea behind the plan is to eliminate sugar (including fructose) so that your metabolism uses fat as fuel instead of sugar. Any non-fiber carb turns into sugar almost as soon as you eat it, and then if it isn't immediately burned off it is stored in the body as saturated fat. Training your metabolism to use fat as fuel allows it to become better at burning the fat you've already accumulated, but it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust. So high-fructose foods have to be avoided for the 1st 3 weeks while your body is changing its fuel preference.

After the 1st 3 weeks on the plan, in small quantities, you can have fruit and such, but always combined with a good fat to slow down the blood sugar spiking effect.

Anyway, I'm not an expert, so others will probably describe it better than me. All I know is that I feel great on it! And hopefully I'll get the weight loss results I want.
  • iambeingelle
    Options
    The Rosedale diet is awesome. Not only will your body finally feel satisfied you will love your new found energy. Powerful for the hormones of your body, so stabilising and say good bye to blood sugar problems. This is not a diet, you eat as much as you like, you simply need to know what foods to eat. Highly recommend it. If you wish to contact me for more information please email me elle@livingskincare.com.au

Good Luck
  • fastfastfast
    Options
    I just joined today, and am going to be doing Rosedale. I'm quite a bit older than most of you, but would welcome some friends on the same path.