End of day cravings

Options
So I do really well with dieting all day long. Then after dinner I start to crave something sweet. I don't want fruit...I want pie, or ice cream. I need advice on how to stop myself from giving in. Someone suggested putting a pic of me at my goal weight on the fridge or pantry door so when I go to open it I will see the pic and it will remind me of my goals. Any other suggestions? :tongue:

Replies

• ambercole
    Options
    buy some skinny cow ice cream bars. that's what I do. I just make sure that I have the calories left.
  • jiujitsu3000
    Options
    pt(physical training at night time. it reminds u of all the calories u lost and u wouldnt want to gain it all back
  • Melaniegibson
    Options
    the vita muffin tops are good. they do have more of an organic taste - but they fulfill a sweet tooth (for me) and they are 100 cal. I also like the jello mousse for 60 cal. Or freeze the yoplait and that is like a frozen yogurt. I cannot recall how many cal's they are but it is low. hope this helps!
  • asallen7
    Options
    I have this same problem and understand where you're coming from. I do different things, like saving one of my planned snacks (yogurt, fruit, or a VitaBrownie) for the evening time. If that doesn't work, I try to sip on herbal tea sweetened with 0 calorie Stevia. I like the Skinny Cow idea but they are just not safe in my freezer :-). Sometimes I will get some other Vitamuffins snacks or Weight Watchers cakes or ice creams. They are all low calorie and hit the spot for me. When all else fails, I go to bed! Good luck with your goals!
  • emersoam
    Options
    You can "give in" to your cravings for sweets in the evening. Think of some sensible options that are under 200 calories. Some that I use are...Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, low-fat honey graham crackers, animal crackers, pudding, yogurt, whole grain toast with low sugar jelly, cereal, gum, sugar free soda, frozen yogurt w/fruit topping, etc...
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    My first question is what are you eating or dinking thouout the day that may be causing the cravings. Then is there is nothing there then I would say find a low calorie treat that is not overly processed or has to much bad things in it. I have been having the same problem so I go for watermelon or beries with light real dairy whip cream(not cool whip). It is sweet and fills me up and I am good
  • Tina0807
    Options
    So many good ideas. Thank you so much everyone!!! A lot of you suggested the skinny cow icecream so I think I will try that and see. Especially since ice cream is one of my HUGE weaknesses. I do save some calories because I know I am going to want something in the evenings but I usually still go over because I end up eating my 3 year olds teddy grahams and going over the serving size. Think I will buy some 100 calorie packs so I can't go over.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    lock the fridge (handcuff them) turn off the lights in the kitchen, or lock yourself in the bedroom and go to sleep as soon as you can! LOL! I have the same problem!!!!
  • jiujitsu3000
    Options
    going to bed early works the longer u stay up the longer u eat work out go to bed ps nyquil lol joking dont do that every day
  • jmathews
    Options
    yogurt works for me!
  • Tina0807
    Options
    lock the fridge (handcuff them) turn off the lights in the kitchen, or lock yourself in the bedroom and go to sleep as soon as you can! LOL! I have the same problem!!!!

This is hilarious!!!! I may have to go this route