Halloween Costumes 2013

Options
rgugs13
rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
What is everybody planning to wear for Halloween this year!? I'm tossing some ideas around in my head for simple costumes that will show off my hard work (working to lose 15 pounds by then!) but not be ridiculously slutty! It would be fun to see what others are planning!

Rachel

Replies

• rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow! That would take a lot of time to make, but I bet it would be fun! I used to go all out for Halloween costumes, but I travel too much to make really detailed ones anymore. :(
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    What is everybody planning to wear for Halloween this year!? I'm tossing some ideas around in my head for simple costumes that will show off my hard work (working to lose 15 pounds by then!) but not be ridiculously slutty! It would be fun to see what others are planning!

Rachel

Wow! That would take a lot of time to make, but I bet it would be fun! I used to go all out for Halloween costumes, but I travel too much to make really detailed ones anymore. :(

:flowerforyou: Totally understand your pressed for time issue with having to ready your costume Rachel.

I go about it my cheat way. I stick to a character like Morgaine and I basically "accessorise" myself with effective accents to revitalise the character through me without going all novelty style about it. ENTER the bodypaint (Spirit of the Crow motif stenciling along an exposed arm or my thighs garter stockings- esque), the face bodypaint makeup (Face lace in blood red with her signature symbols ~ half of the face either from top to side or right across from earlobe to earlobe ~ yet undecided), add the accessories (the heels. the head dress) plus the jewelry (subtle ones only, featuring the crescent moon or a weapon or a some other relevant signature symbol depictive of the character); Dramatise the hair, the eyes and the nails ... And I'm good to go. Doesn't take long if "the highlights" are small yet occasion worthy lol

Made the mistake of not bothering one year ~ let's just say never again, so I attempt some effort.

2n7f67b.jpg

ETA: Those who know me insist that Halloween's my favourite holiday and it appears that way, but my personal favourite is Easter (which they're never into lol).
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    This one i like

Predator103.jpg

That would be awesome!
    My family is thinking of going as the incredibles
  • TiffanyMeairs
    TiffanyMeairs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really want to be a peacock :)
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of wearing a shirt that says "arthur" and some bee antennae.

Anyone?
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I really want to be a peacock :)

:flowerforyou: Resurrection ~ gr8 choice.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of wearing a shirt that says "arthur" and some bee antennae.

Anyone?

Ha, you'd also have to wear a frown ;)
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been Minnie Mouse for the past 4 years and I think it's time for a new costume.

I might head out to Universal Studios for Halloween- so I should really plan something special since the majority will be in costume (not to mention the zombies and werewolves and clowns chasing you down lol)

Probably something along the lines of a mermaid? I would love to play around with cosmetics, it'll give me an opportunity to show off my makeup artistry. Though it would be difficult to walk around with a fishtail all day lol !
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the Halloween season early with a Headbanger's Ball party at a bar in about a month. My husband will be Glenn Danzig and I'll probably just be... me, circa 1989-90, which is costume enough. :laugh:

There will also be two zombie walks. One is at a mall, so we might redo our Zombie Jay & Silent Bob costumes and be Mallrats.

321674_2239576021302_218064063_n.jpg

Our Umbrella Corp zombies were fun, too.

321674_2239576021302_218064063_n.jpg

As for real Halloween, I'm leaning towards Middle Earth. I'll probably be something like Evangeline Lilly's elf in the next Hobbit, he'll probably be an overgrown dwarf.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be the bee girl from the No Rain music video
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The more slutty, the better is what I always say..
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mine are always slutty. The hubs wants me to go as Pocahottie this year....
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Mine are always slutty. The hubs wants me to go as Pocahottie this year....

Haha... love the name.... Pocahottie ;)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Me and my other half went one year as I dream of Jeannie and Captain Nelson it was a cute costume thatll definatley show off all your hard work :bigsmile:
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A thinner me. Nobody will believe it's me!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I hear a lot I am a witch, so I guess I don't need to change myself :bigsmile:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I thought the Bane costume was pretty cool.

homemade-bane-costume.jpg

How much do people normally spend on a costume? I thought $350 was kinds much for it.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I have a toga that I break out on any appropriate occasion!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about being delicious.

draft_lens19711488module161139904photo_1345362157a-.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I thought the Bane costume was pretty cool.

homemade-bane-costume.jpg

How much do people normally spend on a costume? I thought $350 was kinds much for it.

I suppose the alternative would be to make a homemade version like this one??

tumblr_m7r9q82U8I1qz5njno1_1280.jpg

Yup, that settles it, gonna make my own.