Hi I'm new and looking for Support!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Brittany and I'm 25yrs old. I have 2 beautiful kids who are 3yrs old and 6weeks old. I had a c-section with both, but this last pregnancy has really made my body change for the worse. I have a belly, I've never had one before. I got to my highest weight ever when I was pregnant with my son. I have since lost 25lbs, but I still have about 70lbs to go before I get back to a weight where I look and feel my best. I haven't even seen most of my friends since I got pregnant last Dec. because of the weight I've gained. ...too embarrassed. I am looking for people on here who I can be friends with for support! I have to lose this weight.

Also wondering if anyone knows anything about how many calories I should add for breastfeeding? I am only doing 1/2 breast 1/2 formula for my babys feedings.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good luck her on MFP :) It is such a great tool. Add me if you'd like some encouragement and support!

Also, I've never had a baby, but my sister was adding about 500 calories a day when she was breast-feeding, so I guess that would mean about 250 if you are doing it 1/2 and 1/2!!! Hope this helps.
  • aandasmommy
    aandasmommy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thank you so much! I was thinking about adding 200 calories to my daily...but trying to make those 200 something healthy! I added you as a friend, ,,,I totally need friends on here to encourage and help encourage me. ...I need to be held accountable so I don't give up when things seem impossible.
  • supernovadark
    Options
    You add 200 calories for pregnant or breastfeeding women.

Good luck on your journey!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome
    this is a great site. Usually people add about 500 calories for breastfeeding Congrats on your baby , what a cutie. You can do it, just track your food and exercise daily and stick with it
  • aandasmommy
    Options
    thank you! I'd love to be your friend on here for support! Should I maybe add only 100 calories since I'm feeding him 1/2 formula?
  • mollykay09
    Options
    Everyone here is such great support! Good luck on your journey (:
  • aandasmommy
    Options
    I love all of the support from people on this site! That's the 1st thing I noticed on the Message Boards, everyone is so nice and supportive! It's very encouraging!!!
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd be glad to join you on this journey. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I've been working on it for a little over a month but just joined this site this week. Friend me and we'll work on it together. As far as the nursing, I'd say 250 calories is probably enough to add as long as you are supplimenting BUT do not let your fluids drop. That's more important than food. Your body will make the milk as long as you get lot's of water. Stay away from caffeine too. I breastfed all three of my kids and I am a nurse.
    Good luck with your efforts!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    hey, Congrats on a new baby!!
    You've def come to the right place for support! everyone is so awesome here..... I've only been on my journey for 31 days, but already I feel like I have my own cheerleader squad on here!! =)
    look around, read alot, there is so much inspiration on here..... from people who want to just tone up, lose 10 lbs, want to lose 100lbs and then there are those awesome ones who have already lost that much.... and the pictures they share are so amazing and remind me daily that I am not alone, and I can do this!!!
    =)
  • wootsie
    Options
    I can't speak as a mommy, but I have a little knowledge on health...Hydrate hydrate hydrate... I too am trying to lose 70 lbs, so I do understand the stress the added weight. Allso after you lose about 20lbs and stick to a good diet and exercise program you will have all kinds of energy. Don't give up, you can do this!
  • aandasmommy
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I will add you all as friends! :) I am already addicted to this site, and have only been a member 3 days! I REALLY need to work on drinking more water instead of diet pepsi!
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello, even if you are feeding 1/2 formula, you still need to add 200 to 500 calories. Remember your baby is getting the nutrients and calories from you. If you deplete your body of too many calories, you are also robbing your baby. Make sure you check with your doctor for the exact caloric needs for you to lose and your baby to continue to receive the nutrients and calories he or she needs!

I admire you for breast feeding your baby. It is the best thing you could do to ensure a healthy life for your baby!

By all means, call your friends! They love you no matter what size you are! Besides you need all the support you can get.

Good Luck to you on your weight loss, and enjoy your baby.