Babies on the Brain

Options
Soo....my husband and I have been together for five years. We recently (March) made it official and tied the knot. We've been holding off for a while on starting a family but we're both on the same page right now and we're actually trying to have a baby ...wooo hooo!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I was wondering if any of you have suggestions on how to safely and carefully continue to loose yucky blubber while we make this transition. I still watch my calories...MFP has me on a little over 1700 a day and we get plenty of exercise. :wink:

Is there anything I should do more or less of?

Replies

• eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Soo....my husband and I have been together for five years. We recently (March) made it official and tied the knot. We've been holding off for a while on starting a family but we're both on the same page right now and we're actually trying to have a baby ...wooo hooo!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I was wondering if any of you have suggestions on how to safely and carefully continue to loose yucky blubber while we make this transition. I still watch my calories...MFP has me on a little over 1700 a day and we get plenty of exercise. :wink:

Is there anything I should do more or less of?
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I would start taking a prenatal vitamin to get your body ready for a baby
  • nhoffman08
    nhoffman08 Posts: 28
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey to become parents! You should try to start taking pre-natal vitamins prior to conception so you are getting all of the folic acid and extra nutrients your body will need and you get in the habit of taking them so you can continue throughout pregnancy. Keep excersising as long as you can, it's recommended not to get your heart rate above 140 while pregnant. While pregnant, you don't want to "diet", but if you are making healthy choices and getting lots of fruits & veggies, lean proteins and other whole grains, you should fare well. One thing I learned during my 2 pregnancies, don't deny yourself anything, if you crave it, eat it...use moderation when choosing how much to eat of something. But don't worry too much while you're pregnant, try to enjoy the miracle happening inside you. Exercise and eat right for both you and your baby!
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Whatever amount of exercise you want to do while you are prego you need to make a habbit of it now. My Dr.'s said that it was safe to continue with what you were doing before you got prego, but not to start anything new while you are prego. Good luck! That is very exciting!
  • skinnydreamer
    Options
    I would definetly make sure you are 100% sure about it and then just run with. What helped me most was that my husband was so supportive through the whole experience. I really think that is a key factor in most weightloss scenarios, having someone encouraging your progress. The hardest thing for me was no fish because to be honest chicken gets a bit bland everynight. how much exercise are you doing now that is definetly a key factor in continuing your success, best of luck and don't forget different position=different sexes (of babies)
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!
    People have your best interest at heart dear, but it is ALWAYS a good idea to go to your doctor and make sure that you are up to snuff.
    NOW instead of latter.
    I have read stories and heard from women that where having trouble, having people tell them to relax, that it would happen, take a weekend with your husband, take vits, lose weight, get a message, More things then you could think of, Then she went to her doctor with the problem and found out that her eggs had a problem (this is the main situation, There are others.) and that with a little help from the medicine she DID get pregnant.
    So, that said..... GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    --Diann...
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Well..if you want to get pregnant, you should have more sex...less tv zoning and working.

Sending you pregnant vibes...
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I would start taking a prenatal vitamin to get your body ready for a baby

Agreed! Taking them now will also get your body use to them before the baby is made... teehee. Some woman can take prenatal vitamins very easily but they made me feel nauseous... I actually have to take them at night, before bed. Yes, I still take them - hey, I'm not on any kind of B.C. and over-the-counter stuff is way less effective than the pill... ya never know!!! Heehee!

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I third that w/ the prenatals!

and wishing you the best!!!

how fun...now practice, practice practice!!! lol

hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Start sleeping now, cause once you are a parent, you will never sleep the same!

My only advice! :laugh: