Are your children supportive??

Options
My kids (11 and 13) think I am perfect the way I am- but my son said to me last night "I love you so much that when you lose all your weight I can hug you tighter"

What in the world? Who can say no to that? My motivation is SKYROCKETED!!

Replies

• lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    My son Dylan is 11 and he is very proud of me. He tells me all the time that he wants me to train him when he gets older.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is great!! It breaks my heart to see all these unhealthy kids...but they learn by their leaders. Good for you for instilling that into him!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be 5 in September, she doesn't quite understand. I take my morning walk before she wakes up and I usually come home right after she's woken up. When I walk through the door she always says, "I didn't know you went out for your walk, I thought you were in bed sleeping!" lol.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have been known to flop face down on the living room floor after my long runs. My daughter will come over, grab my head and lift it off the rug and say "Are you OK Daddy?"

When I say yes, she jumps on my back and says "Horsie!!!"

She's going to be two next month
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My 1year old daughter sits and laugh on my legs when I do sit ups, and that help me to balance. My 4 year old son reminds me everyday to exercise coz he likes jumping next to mommy.
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My kids (11 and 13) think I am perfect the way I am- but my son said to me last night "I love you so much that when you lose all your weight I can hug you tighter"

What in the world? Who can say no to that? My motivation is SKYROCKETED!!

My son (8) and daughter (6) are soooo supportive...they work out with me when they can and my daughter loves to come to Zumba with me and she tells says "you did really good mom." My son can wrap is arms around me now and he goes..."mom are you a size 8 now" lol bless his little heart.

They are aware of calories and processed foods...they still eat them but we are setting a good example by eating healthy and exercising regularly.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love these stories :) Kids keep us going!

My daughter was doing Zumba with me for a little but then completely gave up on it. :ohwell:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Oh yes... my daughter (9) and my son (5). She likes to exercise with me, Hip Hop Abs videos, treadmill and she does yoga (sometimes). I would like to get into running (dislike), only because she loves running-- one day, I will be able to keep up with her. She also pays more attention to what she eats now, though I tell her she can eat anything-- she just needs to watch how much she eats. She supports me in the changes I have made and is proud of me. My son, he just says "wow mom you're so skinny!" -- he loves me! Sad but funny and with a happy ending... we lost our dog of 13 yrs over 4th of July, we finally found him and got him back. Got turned into the shelter 11 days after he went missing! He was so thin by the time we got him ~15 days after he went missing. My son says, "Mom, J lost a lot of weight too!!". I could not help but laugh and say, yes baby but for different reasons. Happy because J is back to eating a normal diet and is healthy!!

I may have gone off topic a bit... but felt like sharing!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My children are now 19,18 and 17. When they were younger I took karate classes with them and we loved jumping around the living room to Gymboree tapes. Now my 2 oldest are off to college in a couple of weeks and only the "baby" (who is taller than me) will be home. We still walk/run together. It was tough when my oldest first left 2 years ago but now two of them will be gone. Enjoy them while they are with you.
  • kimkim2014
    Options
    Well my son is ony 3 so really doesn't get it. However, if he walks in on my doing one of my Zumba DVD's he does it along with me yelling "DANCE MOMMY DANCE" so adorable!