Halloween Costumes 2013

Options

Replies

• jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did Mary Poppins last year...got pretty much everything from goodwill. It was so fun and sexy but still classy. I'd do it again this year but I'm pregnant and due September 29th, so I'll have to think of something different.
  • need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My yard and garage spook house theme is all zombies this year. Its a big family production. Twice we have had live tv news coverage on Halloween. I should have started dieting earlier, but I guess I will have to be some sort of fat zombie.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Me and the BF are going to be Poison Ivy & the Joker... His brother is bald so we're trying to convince him to be Bane... I already started my scouring of Ebay for everything. Got the BF a purple suit and found a green sequin dress/red wig for me (only spent $30 on everything so far. Score!). I'm just going to start gluing ivy leaves all over the dress and put some in the wig- pair everything with some kick a$s makeup. It'll be awesome- I'm pretty excited already. Halloween is my FAVORITE... I'm trying not to wish away summer though!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about being delicious.

draft_lens19711488module161139904photo_1345362157a-.jpg

that costume is definitely YUMMY!!!
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I keep waiting to hit my goal weight so that I can be Lara Croft for Halloween.... its been the plan for 3 years and I'm still not there haha.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I thought the Bane costume was pretty cool.

homemade-bane-costume.jpg

How much do people normally spend on a costume? I thought $350 was kinds much for it.

I suppose the alternative would be to make a homemade version like this one??

tumblr_m7r9q82U8I1qz5njno1_1280.jpg

Yup, that settles it, gonna make my own.

Don't make an atrocious mask like the one above... Start with a regular dust mask (like $1.00 at Walmart) and run the little plastic tubes into that. It'll look a little less ridiculous. I've already started on a Bane mask for this year- it's gonna be awesome. Also, we're going to go to the local army/navy and get an old vest. The pants can be anything dark- no ones going to pay much attention to that. And the arm thing can be an old arm/wrist splint spray painted dark.
    I just can't justify spending as much as they want for "costume" stuff. It's always cheap crap anyways. I'd rather use my creativity!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I want this costume

final_svedka_halloween_6301_zps57049b70.jpg
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This 5'10" redhead wants to be Red Sonja one year. Probably not this year, but I am shooting for 2014.
  • LaJoyT
    LaJoyT Posts: 5
    Options
    My motivation for losing the extra weight I put on IS being able to wear one of my former Halloween costumes!

The ones I am trying to get back to are Poison Ivy - a velvet dress I got at Goodwill (I cut it off at the chest and added lots of silk vines from Hobby Lobby), painted an old pair of boots green, green tights, temporary red hair dye, fun glittery & green make-up with 2 leaves glued to my eyelids to accent my eye make up. FUN!

The other is a sexy Ring Master - black shorts; fishnet stockings, black boots, black top hat and cheap red corset from Walmart!

Have fun!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Considering Elvira or Jessica Rabbit. I might have to come up with a more modest one too, for work. The sexy one is for that night. :wink:
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to go as either Elvira or Magenta from The Rocky Horror Picture Show...both slutty I suppose, but when you have been fat most of you adult life, slutty costumes become somewhat of a dream. lol
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    This 5'10" redhead wants to be Red Sonja one year. Probably not this year, but I am shooting for 2014.

ohmygosh! I had such a crush on her as a kid!
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This year am going as a traffic light sign with working red, yellow and green lights....
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Moon Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Don't make an atrocious mask like the one above... Start with a regular dust mask (like $1.00 at Walmart) and run the little plastic tubes into that. It'll look a little less ridiculous. I've already started on a Bane mask for this year- it's gonna be awesome. Also, we're going to go to the local army/navy and get an old vest. The pants can be anything dark- no ones going to pay much attention to that. And the arm thing can be an old arm/wrist splint spray painted dark.
    I just can't justify spending as much as they want for "costume" stuff. It's always cheap crap anyways. I'd rather use my creativity!

I know right? I was definitely KIDDING about the 2nd pic. LOL I posted that one because if I was going to make a Bane costume I would not leave the house looking like that!! But I am seriously considering making one. As you said a lot of the items that I have seen on other homeade ones look like army/navy type of materials. Vests, Cartridge Belt, Pants, Boots. The Mask will be the real challenge. If you come across any sites that give tips to make the mask, please PM me! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    When I posted at 5:30am, I didn't realize I posted the same image twice. :blushing:

Here's our Umbrella Corp zombies.

zombies-2.jpg

IMAG0936-1.jpg
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My husband has wanted to go as Master Chief from Halo and have me go as Cortana since we started dating!!!!

I don't think it's going to happen this halloween...but maybe next year???

This year we were toying with the idea of Amy and Rory from Doctor Who :)
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Im pregnant so I might be Juno and make my husband go as the boy-friend :D

juno1.jpeg
  • BrklynTico
    BrklynTico Posts: 143
    Options
    What ever it is, it'll involve a half-naked me.
  • need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great zombie make up! Did you use liquid latex for the peeling skin?