Need Motivation!

Options
Hello, just looking for some friends to help motivate me. Add me if you'd like. :)

Replies

• mandygivens
    mandygivens Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am finding I am in need of some serious motivation as well! I feel like I am in crisis right now. I went off for a few weeks for vacation at the in-laws and my parents for the 4th of July and haven't worked out since. Right now I am sitting here in my capris and sports bra just trying to find the desire to go downstairs and get to work. Why is this so hard? I was losing about a pound a week before I left...
  • mandygivens
    mandygivens Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, then my husband left for some training and I found almost 7 pounds I had lost. Oi!
  • eelacey1
    Options
    Finally have found some motivation! Recorded for the last week, feel great, and have lost! Why is this so difficult to stay on track? The results are always great.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It takes one step into the right direction to get motivation to do something, whether it is going for a walk, or doing some intense work out. Turn off the computer, get up, and do something. You will only be bettering yourself, plus once your done, you will be in a completely better mood.
  • jewh420
    jewh420 Posts: 12
    Options
    It helps to have a walking buddy. I have one at work so we walk on our "coffee" breaks. Once I've walked at work, I find it's easier to exercise at home.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That story sounds so familiar to me. I was doing awesome 9 pounds in a week and a half. Then I went to a cookout and saw my friend who had lost 90 pounds in 1 year. It totally discouraged me because it made me think that it could never be me. Now after a month of being off track I am slowly getting back to where I was. I think it is just a matter of putting the blinders on and not comparing yourself to anywhere else. If you feel good then workout then. If you don't feel like it then just take a long walk and complain about whatever is getting you down, it is like angry meditation.
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A good support team really does make a difference. I have a friend at work who goes to the gym with me 5 days a week and she keeps me on track. So anyone, feel free to add me and we can support and motivate each other. :happy:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You got this!
    Van-Der-Beek-High-Five-GIF.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When YOU are ready to lose the weight and get healthy - YOU will do it.

Until then, nothing is going to work. Good luck.
  • retrospoonie
    retrospoonie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, James Van Der Beek on something other than Dawson's Creek?
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You just have to get into the mindset, "I'm going to do this and nothing and no one is going to stop me, not even BBQ chips."

I did that, and I'm on a roll now :wink:

Feel free to add me for support, any and all! I love recieving and giving support on MFP :happy:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You need to dig up the motivation from somewhere. Hint: it's in you.