KCAL! I need help!!

Options
So, my fitnes pall suggested me 1200 kcal per day. But other people, who know A LOOOT about nutrition said that this is too low and I need to rise them on my BMR (its 1700). They said that if I will have just 1200 kcal my metabolism would stop working. But if I eat 1700 kcal Im afraid that I would gained weight. Anny suggestions???

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Try it. Unless you have a medical condition, it's highly unlikely you became overweight by eating at your BMR. If it doesn't work, you can always do the 1200 thing later...
  • anaanti
    anaanti Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    what do you think if I continue with 1200.. to loose some pounds (I have in mind around 6)..because this 1200 works for me right now..and then I rise them.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    MFP very likely set you at 1200 calories because you told it you want to lose 2 pounds per week. This would not be a very healthy or reasonable goal for you. With the amount of weight you have to lose, 1 pound per week would be much more reasonable. In that case, MFP would probably put you close to 1500 calories per day assuming you're set at sedentary.

Eat at goal, not under. Starving yourself is old fashioned and won't work long term. Think about your health, not just about your dress/pant size or the number on the scale. Treat your body right!